OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old Anse Hatfield turkey hunting

Started by Doug, May 29, 2012, 10:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 29, 2012, 10:28:37 PM
Doug you should wear a black hat next season.  Worked for Anse! :funnyturkey:

Plus it looked like fall of the year...I do like the show though

a-j calls

I had trouble understanding what they were saying. Turned off after the first hour.

GSLAM95

I have watched both nights and find it interesting.  It is a piece of history and although some may find the characters hard to follow it is a well told story if you pay close attention throughout.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

swamp_bird89

Quote from: GSLAM95 on May 30, 2012, 06:36:51 PM
I have watched both nights and find it interesting.  It is a piece of history and although some may find the characters hard to follow it is a well told story if you pay close attention throughout.

X2 I have enjoyed watching it so far seen the first two episodes. Have the one taped tonight.

HogBiologist

Quote from: a-j calls on May 30, 2012, 05:21:16 PM
I had trouble understanding what they were saying. Turned off after the first hour.

I see you are from Penn.  You dont understand Backwoods jibberish and Hillbilly talk.  LOL, yankey.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

FullChoke

Quote from: LaBiologist on May 31, 2012, 09:04:31 AM
Quote from: a-j calls on May 30, 2012, 05:21:16 PM

I see you are from Penn.  You dont understand Backwoods jibberish and Hillbilly talk.  LOL, yankey.

-sp  YANKEE.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

HogBiologist

Certified Wildlife Biologist

stone road turkey calls

that was a total waste of 6 hrs. choot em liz
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Eric Gregg

I don't think it was a waste. I believe that it goes to show just how much unforgiveness unchecked can get way out of control, and that in the end, what you are fighting over really doesn't even matter.

At the end, Ans appeared to McCoy and he shot at what he thought was Ans.
Ans said 'If there were ever two men that misunderstood each other it was you and I". McCoy, instead of just praying, should have been practicing what Jesus taught about forgiveness, loving you neighbor as yourself. Both families were wrong and it is a shame that years were wasted and people died, and in the end it didn't even matter what they were fighting over.

One of the first things I had to do when I came to Christ is dump all my hurts and forgive those that hurt me and ask for forgiveness for some of the things I did. One of the things that I have to maintain is not letting things that happen to me now stick to me and sow seeds of bitterness that would cause me to hate someone, or do something that would injure someone else. I believe it was a good leason on just how far things can go if left unsettled.

SinGin

Kind of hard to follow up to that, but I can't believe they let Cotton Head die. That was just wrong

gobbler74

I enjoyed the series. Definitely had a strong lesson to learn about forgiveness. Family seemed closer back then hearing stories from my grandparents and great grand dad when I was younger. They grew up in those parts. Families looked after one another for protection and survival. Family loyalty meant a lot.  I wish it would have been filmed in wv and Kentucky instead of Romania.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

redrivergar

It was our pig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doug

Quote from: SinGin on May 31, 2012, 04:06:11 PM
Kind of hard to follow up to that, but I can't believe they let Cotton Head die. That was just wrong

I didn't like the fact that Cotton Top died either.  I have to admit, although I liked the rest, I didn't really care for the ending.  I guess I'm just too used to the typical "movie ending." 

ccleroy

Quote from: Doug on May 31, 2012, 10:35:19 PM
Quote from: SinGin on May 31, 2012, 04:06:11 PM

I didn't like the fact that Cotton Top died either.  I have to admit, although I liked the rest, I didn't really care for the ending.  I guess I'm just too used to the typical "movie ending."

Look back to the bio's and history of the fued, that is how it went down....the movie was excellent and followed the history almost to a T.....it  is the most accurate movie made from history I have seen, sure there was some embellishment but not much, 95% of that movie was based on fact and ran true.

surehuntsalot

just goes to show you that you don't need no camo for turkey hunting,by the way it was a well told part of history
it's not the harvest,it's the chase