OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

worth the extra money ?

Started by snoodlum, May 28, 2012, 03:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoodlum

Wondering is it worth the extra money for the more expensive Primos Jellyhead and Truglo SSX versus the Primos Titewad and Truglo Gobble Stopper Xtreme ? Is it generally that much difference in performance?    Thanks

dirt road ninja

mikejd

Yes, I cant speak on the tight wad but the ssx and the gsx are not even coparable.

chipper

The SSX is definitely a better shooting choke in my guns.

Wingbone

Yes, but it depends on what you want out of your choke. The Gobble Stopper and Tight Wad are modern names for old choke designs. The Jellyhead and SSX are modern chokes, technologically superior to their predecessors and they also have a specific performance purpose. The latter chokes are designed to be more effective at all ranges as well as improve pattern down range. That's what their salesmen say anyway.   :icon_thumright:
In Hoc Signo Vinces

davisd9

My experience is you do not have to have the most expensive choke, but you get the results you pay for.  I do shoot a $20 choke though, but who knew the Star Dots would preform like they would in the 835s.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

snoodlum

Thanks, guys! Thinking about bringing an old turkey gun out of retirement. Old 11-87 with bottomland camo . May give it a new choke (leaning toward the JH). My 935/stardot will still remain my go-to gun though!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase