turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NY Great Hen Video

Started by njdevilsb, May 28, 2012, 03:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njdevilsb

Yesterday morning, we went in blind to an area that we had never hunted before.   A friend of my dad's owns it and told us he had seen birds around, so we gave it a try.  These 2 hens put on a great show.  I got 14 minutes of video, but they were around for almost an hour and a half.  My dad is on the slate call, just playing around with them a bit.  When they first came out, they were within 5 yards of my dad, and the decoys were roughly 22 yards to give you a gauge of how far they are.  They made sounds that I personally have never heard a turkey make, including whines before yelping, which took place before they hit the field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQsGL_xoZIE

HENWANNABE

That is a very nice segment containing some excellent hen talking! I have studied turkey calling and the voices of wild turkeys for nearly 35 years and must say that on a few parts of your calling you hit it "spot-on" and must be commended as you were coming across as very realistic. What call were you working with? Keep up the great work.....   

TrackeySauresRex

I love when that happens.  ;D When you're just watin for Mr. Big to join the party. Great hunt  :icon_thumright:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

TrackeySauresRex

One more thing.... Congrats on them NJ Devils it's gonna be a great final match. Hopefully as good as the semi's.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

tomstopper