News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Field bird and woods bird

Started by OLE RASPY, May 27, 2012, 08:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

Quote from: gobbler74 on May 28, 2012, 08:55:18 AM
I know what your speaking of. Personally I will hunt them wherever they gobble. Its all a different experience whether its tactics, time of day or amount of ground you have to cover. On another note. I hear a lot of east coast hunters talking about why all those hunting videos are from fields or blinds or at least seem to have a high amount of footage from such. Some part of that is just a matter of terrain and the limits of how you have to set up where the birds are traveling too or roosting near without getting busted. Not every state has the abundance of forest and hardwood cover to hunt turkeys and those turkeys work the clear patches as well.  If you have never been west of the Mississippi keep an open mind to differences in habitat and tactics used to hunt it.  :icon_thumright:

Yeah i know that different terrain causes you to setup different.I hunted nebraska and its not the terrain im used to but i got one and it was in a field but they came from the woods. I understand everything everybody has said but i figured i would get a totally different response. :lol:Thought i was missing something.I like to huntem in the woods to but that same turkey i hunt in the woods go to a field sooner or later he just dont hang out in the woods all his life or vise versa. :lol:.I just have never classified them this way.But hey whatever floats ya boat sounds good anyway. :icon_thumright:

guesswho

Field turkeys and woods turkeys are two types of birds, but there's a third class of turkey you don't hear about very much because they are nearly extinct.   They are the easiest to kill out of the three if you can find one.  Unless you use blinds and deke's, then they can be a challenge.  They are the elusive Pond Turkey!

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff