North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What Some See as Junk............ devotional 05/27/12

Started by pappy, May 27, 2012, 10:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Psalm 139:14
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Look in the mirror, what do you see? I see the wonderful and unique creation of God staring back at me, now granted I am not the best looking fellow in the world, but in God's eyes I am beautiful. You too, are beautiful in God's eyes, amazing isn't it?
I remember a young man who was born with downs syndrome who was a member of our church, the stories his family would tell us brought tears to our eyes and ripped our hearts out. How people would turn their heads so they wouldn't have to look at him, how others would point and whisper, some would mock and ridicule him making fun of his features and condition. Now let me ask you this question, How could anyone with any inkling of love in their hearts do such a thing? We may not all look the same, we may not all be physically well or whole, but in God's eyes we are not worthless junk, made in His image, we should be able to find comfort in this.
David was born into a family of sheep herders, a lowly and often thought of menial part of society, people looked down their noses at him, but what they saw as worthless piece of human flesh, God saw a King.........Jesus was born in a cave, wrapped in swaddling instead of satins, raised as a carpenter's son, people looked at Him as a loser, a rebellion, tried to have Him stoned, spit on him, and finnaly had Him crucified as a criminal.....what they saw as a threatful piece of junk, when in fact He is the KING OF KINGS.
You and I were born into a world of sin, you may be rich or like me poorer then poor, you may look like a movie star or like me an average run of the mill person, you may be perfect in body and mind or like me questionable in both......but like me you were created in the image of God,therefore what God has created in perfection, Satan wishes to pervert.
Let us fight together in order to become more then just conquerers, (Romans 8:37)  "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us."
Let us as His Image come together in love, (Ephesians 5:2)  "And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us, and has given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling fragrance."
Let us strive together to live our lives upholding His Image, and realize this one thing if we fall from the paths of Righteousness... (Hebrews 10:38) " Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him."
So as His, earthly image, if we falter ( 1 John 1:9) " If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

BOFF

Thanks Jack!!!!

How fortunate we are to have the love of Jesus, and His knowledge of who we may be, though we may be far from it.

God Bless,
David B.

redarrow

Pappy,if that scumbag satan ever looked upon your face I believe he would tremble in fear cause he knows Jesus dwells in your heart.When you have Jesus in your heart it shows on your face. :cross2: :cross2: :cross2:

vaturkey

Vaturkey

turkey slayer

Roostem33

" If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

This verse says it all, Thanks Jack!!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)