OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

UPDATE ON UNCLE RICHARD

Started by GOLD HUNTER, May 26, 2012, 03:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

I talked to Richard yesterday and its not looking too good.  He has prostrate cancer and it could spread to his limp nodes within 6 months.  The doctor had mentioned chemo but he said he's not going through that at age 67.  The doctor said there was only 1 other option and that was to remove the prostrate within 6 months and hope that it doesn't spread.  Richard has decided to have the surgery but hasn't scheduled it yet. 

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers. 

Brian

TRKYHTR

Prayers for Uncle Richard and the Dr's.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Deputy 14

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

vaturkey

Prayers sent Brian ! Please let me know if I can do anything.

Take Care  Ricky
Vaturkey

Flydown

Big Timber

Prayers sent from Mississippi.  :bible:

Kylongspur88

mikejd

Turkey Trot

Where is Uncle Richard located?  Does he have access to great doctors?

Remind him to never accept the advice of one doctor or the first when it comes to surgery and other options.  A lot of places in Hooterville have developed "cancer treatment centers" because they want the business and they pretend to be experts, but are not.  There is no way I'd get treatment in Hooterville when I could travel and get advice and treatment from others.  Medicine is not the same in all places, and sometimes it will surprise one to see who provides better care.  I read the Steve Jobs book months ago when it came out, and was surprised to learn that he got better medical care for his problems in Memphis than he did in California.

I know several guys with prostate problems that got proton treatment, and that is the route I would research and try to pursue if I had it.  You may want to read up and pass it on.  There is only a few centers in the country, and as much as I loathe Florida, I'd probably go there because it is closest to Atlanta until Emory completes its center.

http://www.floridaproton.org/
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Turkey Trot

prostRate

to cast (oneself) face down on the ground in humility, submission, or adoration.
to lay flat, as on the ground.
to throw down level with the ground.
to overthrow, overcome, or reduce to helplessness.
to reduce to physical weakness or exhaustion.
adjective
lying flat or at full length, as on the ground.
lying face down on the ground, as in token of humility, submission, or adoration.
overthrown, overcome, or helpless: a country left prostrate by natural disasters.
physically weak or exhausted.
submissive.

Prostate

1.    Also called: prostate gland  a gland in male mammals that surrounds the neck of the bladder and urethra and secretes a liquid constituent of the semen
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend

tomstopper

turkey slayer

renegade19

God bless and best wishes for you and your uncle.  Lost my favorite uncle to the same cancer a few years back.  Get tested guys!  It's treatable if they find it!   :cross2: