turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What we do after turkey season ends.

Started by longbeard11, May 25, 2012, 10:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeard11

Well turkey season is over and deer season is several months away, that only means one thing for us here in WV, time to musky hunt!!!
Me and several of my buddies are die hard musky fisherman, we do it year round and catch alot of muskies between us. I just recently introduced one of my good buddies Lewis Edens to musky fishing, and to say he was discouraged with it over a couple months of no fish was an understatement. Musky fishing is not your typical fishing, if you go out and "raise" (see) a musky you are having a pretty good day and he was really just getting tired of it and was so frustrated he thought about quitting. But he got him some good baits and started making trips to fish with one of my good buddies and started getting on fish and gaining confidence, it was just a matter of time.
Well today the stars alighned and he called me all fired up saying he had caught one. Just so happens his first musky ever was this 52 inch giant!!! I couldnt be happier for him, he fished hard and stuck it out and finally connected on the fish you dream of as a musky fisherman. caught it on a bucktail in the figure 8, ate it right at his feet, doesnt get any better than that!! And to top it off, they raised one half an hour before this one, that they said made this one look small!!! Awesome day, way to go man, im as fired up as if i would have caught it myself!!

lightsoutcalls

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

longbeard11

he said after they netted it and measured and did the pics and released it he had to sit down for like 10 minutes cause he was shaking so bad!!! He literally watched it follow his bait in and went into the first turn in the figure 8 and it inhaled it right there at his feet, right next to the boat!! A couple head shakes and thrashed then netted it and that was it. What an awesome fish!

barry

He should retire from muskee fishing after that one!

longbeard11

lol thats exactly what i told him. I said "well it really gets no better than that, to have a giant fish inhale a bait right at your feet on the figure 8, thats as good as it gets musky fishing!! you might as well quit now" haha It truly is an addiction, he is hooked for life now no doubt. There is no other fishing on the planet quite like it.

rempumpman

Congrats on a great trophy of a lifetime!! there nothing like a day of fishing no matter what one fishes for; deer season here in Arkansas starts september 15th and it will be here before you know it; our squirrel season started here on the 15th of may and runs until feb 28th of next year; so I get to hunt all summer long as I go and kill 2 or 3 squirrels real early in the morning (done by 7:00) then jump in the trout waters and fish all day for those rainbows and browns; nothing like a shore lunch that consist of fried squirrel, trout and a big pan of fried potatoes; what a life!!

Enjoy your fishing and once again, congrats on a fine trophy.............................rem
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

Crappiepro

Great Musky right there! I have yet to get one. My buddy has caught them around 40" here in Indiana. I can't seem to connect without breaking my line LOL.

jerf

TrackeySauresRex

:icon_thumright: Great Musky!... Time for a little fishin for me as well. Summer bow shoots and getting them shoulder muscles built up for the archery season.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

redarrow

Eric Gregg

That is awesome!
Looks like I am going to have to dust off the rods myself and get after some fishing.
I have been golfing a little but I am ready to get some hooks wet :z-guntootsmiley:

longbeard11

Thanks guys! we have caught several more since we caught this one but nothing even close to this size. Me and my girlfriend will be back on the water this evening after some more river monsters.

HartClemson99

That looks a lot like the Elk River where I learned to swim in Clay County!
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

jarbo03

Nice Musky!  One of these days I will fish where there is a chance to catch one.  Instead have been settling for some channel cats, flatheads and walleye over the last couple weeks.  Rest of the time spent training the dog, time to get ready for bird season, have a bunch of decoys that need to be reflocked and painted.