turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gift for a friend

Started by TauntoHawk, May 24, 2012, 05:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

Every year my buddy Jamie selflessly takes out anyone who will wake up at 4am turkey hunting including me, so far this year he has "guided" 11 successful hunts over the NY turkey season.  He has been out every single morning rain or shine and still is holding on to his last tag, he just likes to see other enjoy the sport that has become his obsession. The hunters he has taken included 3 youth hunters of no relation from a local sponsored youth hunt and 2 wounded warriors from a NWTF Vet hunt along with friends and family. To make it more special he even started making his own slate calls just 2 months prior to season and they were used on 9 out of the 11 birds killed. I honestly don't know how me maintains a job during turkey season.

I was fortunate enough to be along for about half the successful hunts and have heard the stories several times from the others. I've been turning around an idea in my head to remember the year by and this is what I came up with so far. The season isn't over yet so hopefully I will need to find more room for photos but when it's all said and done I'm going to put together something similar to this and frame it for him.

What do you guys think? This is just my first attempt without any special software
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

redarrow

Looks great. What a cool gift. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

troutfisher13111

BOFF

Looks GREAT!!!

Any friend would be proud to have that given as a gift!!

Well done!!

God Bless,
David B.

longbeard95

captin_hook

That's a great gift hawk.

tomstopper

Looks great. I am sure he will appreciate it.

vaturkey

Looks Great ! 

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

TauntoHawk

thanks guys! I'm worried that the collage maker I used online didn't keep the images high enough quality that when I try and blow it up bigger and print it on photo paper to frame that It's going to look blury.

might just end up buying or downloading a better piece of software
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mnturkey

SEMPER FI

barry

Great idea! He'll love it!

BHMTitan

Looks good!  You may want to check out ShutterFly.com, I did a photo book with several years of turkey pics, turned out really nice.

ElkTurkMan