OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Last Day NC Bird

Started by NCYelper, May 23, 2012, 04:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCYelper

Here are a couple pictures of  a bird I called in for a buddy the last day of the NC season.  We set up on a field edge and had this bird start gobbling.  I didn't call to him on the limb but let him fly down before calling.  I soft called to him off and him for 30 minutes or so.  He would gobble at everything but sit in the same place and strut.  Next thing we know a 2 year old bird that had been quiet all morning flies down and hangs around this bird.  Next a hen flies down from behind us and lands next to our hen decoy.  She messes around the decoy then goes to the gobbler about 80 yards away.  I thought we were done then.  She gets on the far side of the big gobbler and he struts towards her and then struts back toward us.  This goes on for about ten minutes with him not gaining any ground either way.  My buddy had to go to work pretty quick so I starting cutting at this bird.  After 2 cutting sequences he looks our way and double gobbles then struts all the way in to about 20 yds and got smoked.
Super nice bird 1 3/8" spurs with a spindly 9" beard.  Awesome way to close out the year.

hermiehunter

Nice hooks for sure! Congrats on a great last day NC bird!

strutnva

Spring_Woods

Way to close it out strong!
Congrats!
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

vaturkey

Congrats ! Great Gobbler !   :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

tomstopper

Congrats. Beautiful bird.

captin_hook

Congrats on a late bird!!

DeWayne Knight

Sounds like a nice hunt!  Congrats!

Publicland

Fine gobbler rite there!

turkey slayer

beagler

Never Misses

longbeard11

Stud bird, great hooks!! Nothing quite like getting it done with time winding down.

goblr77

boomer

Congrats!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Turkeyfan

very nice last minute / last day gobbler.