turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Smelly snake boots????

Started by wisconsinteacher, May 21, 2012, 09:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

After walking a few miles this spring, my snake boots have a slight locker room smell.  Any ideas of how to get rid of the odor?

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Pressure hose the exterior and baking soda the interior

OLE RASPY

Start by washing your feet. :lol: :TooFunny: Just kidding.
I wear odor eaters in my hunting boots well all my shoes for that matter it works for me.I have used baking soda.

mountman62

scent a way, they say it will hide smells, this will be the true test, baby powder or febreze
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

wisconsinteacher

How do you clean the inside with baking powder?

wvbirdtracker

Quote from: wisconsinteacher on May 22, 2012, 09:46:43 AM
How do you clean the inside with baking powder?

you won't really be cleaning them with the baking powder... just sit some inside of a container down in them. Works on the same principle of setting baking powder in your refrigerator.

Also, they used to make a product called "sneaker balls." these came pre-packaged with a substance in them that worked similar to baking powder and absorbed the odor. I don't know if they still make them or not, but you would just throw one ball in each boot.

stinkpickle

Fill a couple of old socks with baking soda and drop them down into the boots when you're not wearing them.

mikejd

You can tie the laces together and throw them over the power lines.

honker22

Quote from: mikejd on May 22, 2012, 12:32:37 PM
You can tie the laces together and throw them over the power lines.
hahaha, yeah that will work. It is also a good start to a side business
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Wingbone

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on May 21, 2012, 11:00:48 PM
Mine were like that a few times after I first started wearing them...... since, I took the boot dryer I used to hang my duck hunting waders on, and started putting my turkey boots in it and not had the smell sense. The dryer plugs into the wall, boots slip down over the tubes and warm air goes into the boots to dry them before the odor starts.

Agreed, this is the most effective method. I've been using the boot dryer to kill boot odor for 7-8 years, but I upgraded to the PEET boot dryer a couple years ago. That thing flat does the job! It blows hot or ambient air into the boot just like a hair dryer. Put those stinkin boots on there for and hour, and your done, no smell.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

sippy cup

wash your feet and powder them daily :fud:
beware of longdale legend

neverstopchasin

dont matter turkeys cant smell :z-winnersmiley:

Woodsman4God

My wife and I find that white vinegar in a spray bottle is very effective, once it dries the vinegar smell and odor are gone. We use it on shoes boots whatever. Kills the bacteria that cause the odor

CASH

I pull the insoles out after I wear my boots and let them dry/air out seperate from the boots.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.