Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 05/18/2012 "What light do you use?"

Started by BOFF, May 18, 2012, 01:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

First before I post on the devotional, I'd like to praise the Lord for his protection earlier in the week this Monday. I was showing a gentlemen, who was picking up one of our tractors, where the head gasket was leaking. I started to point towards the block, and  TING!!! - thud!!!, as my hand gets thrown back into my chest. I simply forgot about the tractor running, and poked my hand too close to the moving fan. The heavy fan of the tractor caught my thumb, right on the end!!

I hesitated to look at it, expecting it to be bloody, with the nail split, and possibly part of it missing.  :P

I looked down at my thumb, and absolutely nothing was wrong with it, other than it hurting!!! I thanked the Lord there on the spot, that minute, and claimed my blessing. Thank you Lord, as I think how it could have been, if You were not protecting me.

For today's devotional, my original topic has changed at the last minute. As I was reading in the "General" chit-chat,  a topic about flashlights was posted. A mighty bright light was shown, and details about it were given. I must say, I was rather impressed. The price, to some, was fairly expensive. But in my opinion, you get what you pay for in most instances. In today's devotional, I'd like to compare the light of the flashlight, to the Light of the world- Jesus.

...........................The Fenix TK70................................................................. Jesus...................................................

Brightness............2200 lumens.......................................................................With Jesus, there is NO darkness!!
Lasting effects......Max 168 hours.....................................................................Eternity................................................
Modes..................varible...............................................................................Unchanging...........................................
Cost.....................$172.50- $250.00................................................................Free.....................................................
Availability.............Fluctuates.........................................................................Anytime you ask Him..............................
Power source.........4X 1.5volt D batteries..........................................................Self sufficient........................................
Warranty...............24 months..........................................................................Lifetime...............................................

In reading Psalm 18:28, we learn:

28  For You will light my lamp;
      The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.

Our Heavenly Father will disolve our darkness, our sin. He will do this freely, with only your asking, being needed.

Are you tired of living in the darkness? Are you tired of trying other flashlights, which grow dim and fade away after time?

Ask the heavenly Father into your life, and live a life of light and salvation.

Heavenly Father,

We thank you for Your salvation through Your son Jesus. Help us to spread Your light to the darkened word before us. Let our minds be the same with Your plans for us. Help us to shine Your rays of hope, joy, love, and salvation, to those who are hurting, needy, and without knowledge of You.

Thank you for your protection. Continue to lead, guide, and direct our paths, for Your glory, not ours.

For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.   

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Roostem33

28  For You will light my lamp;
      The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.

Thanks for the wonderful devotional, He is the light that never fails and will shine forever more!!!! Praise God!!!

God Bless,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Duke0002

Thank you, David.  How many times has the Lord protected us and we didn't know it!  However, it's great to see His protection.