turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

locating roost

Started by zoli 16ga., May 17, 2012, 07:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoli 16ga.

Hey all, Im new to this game but have been invited to a hunt sat morning. I will be getting to the farm I will be hunting around 10:30pm - 11:00pm.

Would that be to late to walk out and gave a few crow(?) calls to locate where they are roosting? Could it ruin the hunt in the morning?

Thanks,
Don.
16ga. Preferred!

TRKYHTR

That would be fine to crow call during that time. There should be some crows flying around then.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

sugarray

Really Joe, crow call at 1030 or 11 at NIGHT?

I wouldn't, but Joe has feathers and talks just like a hen or a gobbler so I'd listen to him!!  He is all turkeys, even lives with them.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

TRKYHTR

Quote from: sugarray on May 17, 2012, 09:00:51 PM
Really Joe, crow call at 1030 or 11 at NIGHT?

I wouldn't, but Joe has feathers and talks just like a hen or a gobbler so I'd listen to him!!  He is all turkeys, even lives with them.

Sorry I thought it was 10:30 am. No please don't blow a crow call at 10:30 pm. You could blow an owl hooter but I doubt you would get a response that late. That said I've had gobblers respond to me at 12:00 midnight before but that was on New Years eve when a few people were shooting guns. Hope this clears everything up.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

zoli 16ga.

Great, I'll be sure to bring my gun  ;)

thanks guys, sort'a new the answer, just wanted to make sure.

Don.
16ga. Preferred!