turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

We lost a good one Wednesday

Started by TheTwistedOne, May 17, 2012, 02:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTwistedOne

I've known Mark since the early 80's.  Bought plenty of Archery stuff from him and shot arrows with him.  This guy was a real bowhunting advocate.  I'll miss him next time I'm in Birmingham Alabama.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/05/mark_whitlock_owner_of_marks_o.html

CASH

Aw man, that's sad.  I only met him once, but he was a cool guy.  His daughter was on the Rick and Bubba show a couple of weeks ago.  They were trying to raise money for his treatment.

R.I.P. Mark
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

BC

Mark was a great ambassador for the sport of hunting and fishing and an even better man. I've been trading with Mark for almost 25 years and he always treated me right and treated me like a friend the first time I ever walked into his store. He will be missed.

Houndstooth Game Calls

This man will be missed dearly I met him two years ago and Marks outdoors has supported us by selling our calls when our own store here in our home town wouldn't. I will always support marks outdoors they are genuine people. It was a sad day to say the least when I heard about him passing away! Prayers to his family and great employees..  :cross2:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

fsu33952

There was a great article in the Bham news yesterday in the sports section. What a true class act he was. It said he brought in all of his employees to his house the night before he passed to say goodbye and thank them for their support. Doesn't get any classier than that. For anyone that has never shopped at Mark's outdoors then you need to go. I was in retail management for years and can say that i have never seen a better run retail business than Mark's outdoors. Customer service can not be beat. I never met Mark but have heard nothing but good things about him. If his business is a reflection of him then he must have been a super sharp guy because he has a fine store. From the article it seems that him and his family have been through a lot over the past few years. It is good to know hear that he was a Christian.

nitro

Sorry to read this. I always stopped in his store when I was in Birmingham.

Spent some $$ there over the years.

I will say a prayer for his family and friends. Godspeed Mark!!
Royal Slam 2008

TheTwistedOne

Here I am at Marks Outdoors holding a Benelli Vinci when they first came out in 2009.  I think they were absolutely one of the first retailers to have these on their shelves.  Marks is one of the biggest Benelli dealers in the Country.  I didn't buy it but he let me check it out and take this picture.

Houndstooth Game Calls

Talking about biggest dealers that knife counter in there sold 1.2 million in knifes I was told by a employee. How many knifes you think you have to sell to be a big knife dealer!! I was amazed and still amazed!!

goblr77

Sorry to hear that. Prayers sent for his family.

ElkTurkMan

Sorry to read this my thoughts and parayers are with the family