OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

fabarms turkey gun

Started by SWAMPFOX, May 17, 2012, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SWAMPFOX

have been wanting to build o\u turkey gun for while. started off with citori satin hunter and it will not shoot poa\poi as it runs 1-2 feet high depending on choke load combo. i am a bead shooter and did not want to mess with sights,optics etc....so i put it back in gun safe and moved on to turkey season with 870s. saw in earlier thread some talk of fabarms turkey gun and looked them up. anybody run one? any thoughts on them?

thanks,swampfox 

jarbo03

I have wanted one for a while, FABARM O/U's are very nice.  I have a FABARM auto and really enjoy it.  They are too pricey for me at this time, so I bought a Mossberg 12 O/U and turned it into my turkey and waterfowl gun. Both barrels shoot dead on using bead sights.  First bird didn't work real close, shot him with top barrel.  Second bird was in my face, took him with bottom barrel.  Really enjoyed having two different chokes.

magnumgray

I have a Fabarms  Ultra Mag  3 1/2 ... they are tough to find .... mine is in flat black ...

trulock xfull in top with 3"   Hevi 6's ..... lower barrel  modified with  23/4"  lead 6's ....

Last week I shot one at 20 yds ... with modified barrel .... he was coming on a dead run ... I shot him in self defense .... he was so close I didn't even have time to set down

A friend and I have talked about him buying a tristar ..... What's neat about a Fabarms is they are already back bored and ported....

This gun shoots even the cheapest shells they use at card shoots well ... The last time I won 3 out of 4 with it .... decided I better quit before  someone got mad

BlakeJ

I want one too, would love to hear from people that have one.

magnumgray

Keep an eye on the gunsamerica site .....

or one of the auction sites .... they show up maybe once a year

several showed up on a duck hunting web page too

jarbo03

Quote from: magnumgray on May 17, 2012, 10:03:49 AM

I have a Fabarms  Ultra Mag  3 1/2 ... they are tough to find .... mine is in flat black ...

trulock xfull in top with 3"   Hevi 6's ..... lower barrel  modified with  23/4"  lead 6's ....

Last week I shot one at 20 yds ... with modified barrel .... he was coming on a dead run ... I shot him in self defense .... he was so close I didn't even have time to set down

A friend and I have talked about him buying a tristar ..... What's neat about a Fabarms is they are already back bored and ported....

This gun shoots even the cheapest shells they use at card shoots well ... The last time I won 3 out of 4 with it .... decided I better quit before  someone got mad
I had a tristar, really liked the gun, shot well and very comfortable.  BUT!, it liked to double fire, a lot!  Had it at customer service and problem was solved with 3" loads, the 3.5" still liked to double fire.  Have a tristar 16 ga O/U that did the same, they got it fixed and have had no problems since.  I know some people with them that have had no problems, employees at customer service are very nice and will try to help.

BlakeJ

Is the fabarm the only o/u out there that has an optics rail from the factory?

SWAMPFOX

thanks for the info. guys. i know where a couple are and want to shoot before buying one. still on the fence about which gun manufacturer's weapon i will buy. please keep info. coming.
thanks.pgcii

BlakeJ

Just found out that fabarm no longer sends guns to the USA. Thats why they're so hard to find.

lowoctane

I had one about 10 yrs ago. Was a turkey special with short barrels in Realtree Extra Green. It had the optic rail. Had chrome lined barrels so I was afraid to do anything with the forcing cones. Too bad Hevi wasn't available back then! For the price of it, wasn't completely satisfied with the lock up and trigger system tho... :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

magnumgray

They are in the process of once again opening up to the US market ,,, Fabarm USA

The contact is joe@fabarmusa.com .... I got this from the media at "the Outdoor Wire" ...

The contact name listed is for Joe Cunniffe

BlakeJ

i emailed joe, they are going to start selling again in the US, but the O/U Camo Turkey Mag is a discontinued gun. 

So i guess you'd have to find a used one somewhere.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: slickyboyboo on May 25, 2012, 10:23:50 AM
Quote from: SWAMPFOX on May 17, 2012, 08:23:05 AM
have been wanting to build o\u turkey gun for while. started off with citori satin hunter and it will not shoot poa\poi as it runs 1-2 feet high depending on choke load combo. i am a bead shooter and did not want to mess with sights,optics etc....so i put it back in gun safe and moved on to turkey season with 870s. saw in earlier thread some talk of fabarms turkey gun and looked them up. anybody run one? any thoughts on them?

thanks,swampfox 

Man, If I had a Citori that wouldn't shoot POA-POI, I would send it back to browning, or sell it. As much as those guns cost, they had better be dead on.

AMEN to that
it's not the harvest,it's the chase