turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Man what a season

Started by savduck, May 16, 2012, 06:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

I started out with two goals. Killing gobblers with trumpets and killing gobblers with 20 gauge guns. I did both and was blessed with a heck of a season. If you guys remember I have 5 SC tags and 3 GA tags. I was able to kill 7 this year, all with a 20. 5 in SC and 2 in GA. I also missed a big double beard bird, called in 2 that got shot by others and another 5 or so that we're in gun range but got out without a shot. Not to mention the other 5 gobblers that got shot in turkey camp while I was there. One was a 4 bearded beast over in SC. I got to see a bunch of dead birds.

I feel most blessed to have gotten the opportunity to share camp with a bunch of new friends and flat out turkey killers. I really enjoyed the fellowship with all you guys either from this board or at the TT hunt. I once again got to hunt with and harvest a bird with my favorite turkey hunting partner, Jbrown. He and I have had some adventures in the woods together, and any time we get to kill stuff together it makes for special times.

I know I owe you guys a few pictures, I'll get them up here in a few days or so. Any of y'all wondering about shooting 20 gauges....y'all need to get one. They HAMMER em. I'm converted...never going back to a 12. Anybody in need of a 12 ga Turkey gun, got one gonna get sold soon enough.
Georgia Boy

TRKYHTR

Thats a great year Del. I was surprised myself on how much gobbling response I got from my trumpet. I had several times when we couldn't get a turkey to gobble again and I hit him with the trumpet and they would gobble. It was alot of fun this year. I was fortunate to call in 11 gobblers that were killed. 5 by me. I can't wait for next year. I'm looking hard at coming to GA.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 16, 2012, 06:57:00 PM
Thats a great year Del. I was surprised myself on how much gobbling response I got from my trumpet. I had several times when we couldn't get a turkey to gobble again and I hit him with the trumpet and they would gobble. It was alot of fun this year. I was fortunate to call in 11 gobblers that were killed. 5 by me. I can't wait for next year. I'm looking hard at coming to GA.

TRKYHTR

Joe, you know your always welcome here. Just let me know.
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

Congrats on a great year, Del! I wanted to call up turkeys with trumpet, scratch box, and tube! To be honest, i got hooked on the trumpet and did most of my hunting with it. I did have one called up with each as I hoped. I killed six longbeards, but stalked three of them and I don't like that but I like empty tags even less.

The one call that got responses when evrything else failed is an Old Gobbler push pin. That thing is turkey through and through!

Had a blast with this team and can't wait to do it again!!!

jbrown

Congrats on an awesome season Del! If you hadn't kept after me, I wouldn't have found the Old Gobbler sight a couple yrs ago, would have missed out on a lot of fun and I would have missed out on bein part of the Trumpet Thumpers. I've enjoyed sharin the Teams season with all of y'all!! I've had a very excitin season, was lucky enough to get my limit in Ga and SC, plus call in 5 gobblers for buddy's. Again, I've really enjoyed bein a trumpet thumper, talkin to y'all and huntin with some new buddy's from Tenn and Alabama down in "our" swamp! Well, I reckon its time to do a little fishin..........as soon as I get all my turkey plots taken care of and scout a couple of new places for next year!!!

cannonball

Congrats Del! You had a great season. Hope next year is even better for you.