turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nitro Ammo Co.

Started by wisconsinteacher, May 15, 2012, 08:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

Wanting to use different gauges to kill birds is my goal.  I know HeviShot makes loads for the 28, .410, and 16 but should I look at the Nitro Ammo Co for shells in 28, 16, and 410?  I don't know if I am up to reloading for a handful of rounds to complete my gauge slam.  Thanks

dirt road ninja

I think you can accomplish your goal with ammo found at your local shop. If you limit your range to below the limits of your ammo you'll be fine. A fellow I know killed many turkeys with a crack barrel 410 and lead 6's, but would only shoot inside of 20 yards. My old youth 20 is only good to 25 yards with Hevi 7's.

wisconsinteacher

I have contacted Nitro and they will make the shells with hevishot #7.  I am wondering if it will be better than hevishot.

dirt road ninja

I don't know if they would be better. They will be faster than the Hevi 13 straight 7's. I just order a box of the H210 7's for my 10 gauge.

Lostknife4

28ga TSS #9 Handloads  Lost

fallhnt

I shot hevi 13 factory loads last week out of my .410. Not as good of a pattern due to less shot. I will hunt this fall with Winchester 6's in my .410. I got the best pattern out of these. Shots will be 25 yrds. or less.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

land cruiser

I love nitro products especially paired with rhino choke

redarrow

I killed a groundhog stone dead at 25 yards using a 50 year old JC Higgins .410. I shot him with Remington 3 in. 11/16 oz.of 6s out of a fixed full choke.

SumToy

Look into stock stuff you can get or as bad as I hate to say but Nitro.  Other on think to much of them and dont perform that much better. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

SKFOOTER

Quote from: SumToy on November 12, 2012, 08:23:07 AM
Look into stock stuff you can get or as bad as I hate to say but Nitro.  Other on think to much of them and dont perform that much better.
Translation????? ???

SumToy

I thing that Nitro is the better of the two.  You know what you get with the Nitro.  HV13 has about got shells as high as Nitro and in NO way will it put the numbers.  Plus the shell changes lot to lot.  I just can see that much in the shell.  If they would save money and get the $$$$$$ back down to the working man can buy it they be ok. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

gobblergls

The only issue I see with Nitros is pattern density in .410 and maybe 28 gauge which would limit distances well below ethical ranges.  I'd hook or crook a pound of 18 g/cc tungsten 9s.  If you already reload you could probably find someone willing  to sell a few hulls, wads and buy your own 9s.  If you are bent on grandslamming, the cost of handloading is a minor expense in comparision to the travel expenses, etc.

catfish charlie

I've been trying to get a hold of nitro ammo for 3 weeks. Left messages and emails no reply?

gobblergls

If you had a nickel for every time I've read (and experienced personally) about Nitro not returning emails or phone calls you could buy gun of choice and reloading equipment for TSS.  I've heard a range of excuses over the years from the business is seasonal, too busy, hunting season, out of town, on vacation, etc.  You'd think they'd be interested in customer relations....

Dr Juice

Aren't Nitros about $4 million a box? :TooFunny: