OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

It's Over in Ga....One Last Gobbler

Started by jbrown, May 15, 2012, 08:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrown

Tony and I went this mornin mainly because it was the last day. Heard 1 bird way off, we didn't want to walk that far, we decided to say in a big wood lot between 2 big fields, at 6:45 a bird gobbled across a small creek bottom, he was about 200yds from us. I cut at him with my trumpet and he cut the call, we moved about 100yds to the edge of a field and cut again with one of Lyles mouth calls and he cut us off, we needed to get on his side of the small creek but decided to stay in the field, gobblers like this field. A few calls and 10 mins later he was just across the branch from us....we stopped callin and he stopped gobblin....at 7:15am he stepped into the field lookin, 1 cluck and he was in range. Boom and Tony had his Ga limit. We had a great mornin and an awesome season!!!! weight 19.3lb, beard 12", both spurs 1 1/8....score 65.8 pretty good gobbler!!!!

cannonball

Jim, Tell Tony Congrats for me. You guys had a great seanon!

drenalinld

You are a killer, jbrown. Good season!

Houndstooth Game Calls

Don't tell del bout that new secret call! Hehe

TRKYHTR

WTG Jim. Congrats on a late season longbeard.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

:fud:
Quote from: Houndstooth Game Calls on May 15, 2012, 11:15:14 PM
Don't tell del bout that new secret call! Hehe

Holding out on me are you. I'm gonna have direct my anger towards some turkeys then.

Jim tell Tonette congrats, that sucka has a LONG beard.
Georgia Boy

merocustomcalls

Basser69

Congrats on ending the season with a bang!

Houndstooth Game Calls

Del I may have to name that secret mouth yelper the BBB " Big Bad Brown"!!!

savduck

Quote from: Houndstooth Game Calls on May 16, 2012, 07:41:14 PM
Del I may have to name that secret mouth yelper the BBB " Big Bad Brown"!!!

I like it. Name it Brown sugar.

You know that hat I talked you into creating and you hooked me up with, has the magic mojo. Got to see 8 gobblers fall wearing it.
Georgia Boy

jbrown

All that sounds good to me boys! Heck, I need something named after me....Lyle, better hurry, you know I'm gettin pretty OLD!!