OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tagged out in Va now.

Started by skinner26, May 14, 2012, 12:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skinner26

I tagged out in Va yesterday 5-12-12. Called him in from over 500 yards away. He was in a big holler with two other birds. All was gobbling there heads off at day light. I was on a ridge that was not very wide. I was not sure if the would come on or not but I stayed put and would call here and there. I finely heard the one bird gobble about 100 yards off. He moved from the right side of the ridge to the left. I know he was coming thin. He dropped over the ridge and thin came up right beside me be hind a log. I could hear him in the leaves so I know where he was and he was close. I have my gun ready and pointed his way. He throw his head up and I pulled the trigger. He was only 5 yards away. That 3 1/2" #5 did a great job. He went flopping over the mountain and I ran after him and steeped on his fan and pulled out some teal feathers. We could of had a race down the mountain. It was very steep and a flopping bird did not help. After fighting him for about 300 yards I got ahold of him. Lol   It was a great hunt tho.  

18 lbs. 10" beard 1 1/8" spear & 1" spear.
Wack'em & Stack'em

Ol'Mossy

captin_hook

VaTuRkStOmPeR

snapper1982

Spring_Woods

"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

surehuntsalot

great hunt
congrats on the bird
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tomstopper