OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Days hunted vs Days harvested

Started by triune, May 13, 2012, 09:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruger M77

I hunted 5 mornings killed 2 missed 1 and called one in for my buddy which he killed. All were longbeards should be 4:5 but I'll take 3:5 ;D
I eat therefore I hunt

Tail Feathers

Six days left me with one bird in TN.
Back home I tagged out with my one Eastern less than an hour into the season.

One trip calling for a friend and he got one.

Eight days hunting = three dead longbeards.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

TRKYHTR

I've never counted how many days I hunted. I can tell you I called in 11 that was killed, 5 by me. I didn't count how many I called in just the ones that rode home in the TRKYHTR truck.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Siwash

4 hunts to get my tom here in Ontario, Canada...

Clif Owen

Guess I didn't really do all that bad..made probably 10 hunts...had 1 ruined by a guy shooting the bird off the roost...shot 2 and had a couple more get away that should have been shot.

Kywoodsman

7 days hunted this year and 2 gobblers down.

barry

I have struggled somethin' fierce this year...only 1 bird in 9 hunts
I got 4 days left though.

Gobblerstopper

I didn't get to hunt a lot this year either. Baby on the way, sold our house, in the middle of moving (not good planning on all accounts).  I hunted two days in Florida and killed a bird and hunted three days in indiana and missed and  killed a bird.

I did get to go the first morning of the youth season and got a bird in gun range.

archery1

well  hunted first 2 days, heard them but none cooperated.. and thats all i got out so far
some body please help
Take a kid hunting

davisd9

17.5 days hunted, killed 5 birds on 5 different days.  Saw/heard birds every trip but 2 or 3.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

TrackeySauresRex

I'll start from last season... Over a dozen times out, and zippo. Bad JuJu all around. We all have a season's like that. Hung up and hend up birds,weather etc.etc.
This year I'm back!  ;D  I've been out  8X's. and tagged 3 mature Tom's,had 2 blown opportunities, and also have an assist. Truly an awesome season.

Thank You
:cross2:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Blackduck

My worst year, several years ago, I killed one and called in two others that buddies killed for the whole 5 week season, plus one missed bird.  That was a bad average, one for every 10 days or so. This year, my best season yet, I called in 12 longbeard kills and one miss in the first 2 weeks. Gobbling slowed down after that, and I started going only about every other day, but I've seen 17 longbeards down in 4 and a half weeks at this point. It's been a good year. Hunting 2 states and about 8 properties with about 10 other people. Called in several people's first birds. Got two on multiple mornings which is always fun.

triune

Wow, my first thought for this thread was to hopefully encourage some of the newer turkey hunters but you guys are putting the hammer down.  Way to go!
Our whole turkey population here in IN is less than what many states total for a spring harvest.  With bird numbers down as well, many guys I know had their spring harvest streaks broken this year.

lohaus

Took my boy and called in his bird first morning.  This year and last year he was two for two on morning hunts.  Went a second morning with no shots.  Then went third day and called my tom with a connect.

After that, shifted gears and tried to hook my friend up this year.  Last year called him in a double.  This year, no such luck with him.  He got caught moving.  He didn't shoot.  He decided to walk upright numerous times when we tried to get ahead of the birds.

I told my buddy I'm counting two 'extra' birds because one dropped down in front of him and another was coming in on a rope that he didn't connect on.  Overall, good season.

dirt road ninja

I hunted 17 days total this Spring and saw 4 birds killed on 5 shots (my son missed the first bird).

I killed 2.

My 8 year old killed 1.

Sat with a buddy and he killed 1. (wish we'd have had a video camera, it was a perfect set up for filming).

It was a bad year for me as far as numbers go, but my encounters seemed to be about on par. I had 6 more longbeards inside of 40 yards that I spooked or could not get a clean shot at for one reason or another. It was that kinda of spring, I zagged when I should have zigged.

In LA jakes are legal and I only hunted LA 1 morning and passed on one at 25 yards.

Great post.