OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Encore Pattern Results

Started by Hardtime_NC, February 28, 2011, 05:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardtime_NC

All of these were tested at a measured 40 yds from a dirty barrel with fed. heavy 7's 10" circle.

PG Tempest .555 = 170
Regular PG .570 = 155
T/C Factory choke = 157

Waiting on a .555 IC, Nitro 7's, Nitro 4x5x7's, Hevi 6's, and Hevi 7's.  I will post the results when I get these items and let everyone know.
Theres no dollar sign on a piece of mind!

chatterbox

Nice patterns! Are the stock turkey chokes on those guns rated for hevi shot?

Hardtime_NC

Not really sure.  I haven't seen any thing that said not to use it.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

jtharpe

Best I have got out of a stock barrel is 185 with an IC 555 and nirto 7s.
looks like the federals did good for you.

shootumindaface

If the pattern is Even and Repeatable.. I would stop spending money and screw in that Tempest and shoot the 7s

sugarray

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 28, 2011, 10:52:44 AM
If the pattern is Even and Repeatable.. I would stop spending money and screw in that Tempest and shoot the 7s
:agreed:

Hardtime_NC

Well I would but im always trying to get the very best out of what I have and I feel like I can do better.  Plus it is such a pain to find the federals, so in all honesty I would rather use another brand if I can get something that will shoot as good or better.

Hardtime_NC

Please let me know how that works out.

Thanks

shootumindaface

Quote from: muddpuppi on March 01, 2011, 09:15:25 PM
i have the hvy 7s and just waitin on my pg .555 to do some shootin this weekend....
Heavyweight or Hevi 13s

coachmitchel

I have a PG Tempest 555 and Hevi 6's, Hevi 7's and Fed HW 7's all on the way also, probably be next week before I get to pattern it.

shootumindaface

Quote from: muddpuppi on March 02, 2011, 11:21:48 PM
Quote from: shootumindaface on March 02, 2011, 09:59:40 AM
Quote from: muddpuppi on March 01, 2011, 09:15:25 PM
i have the hvy 7s and just waitin on my pg .555 to do some shootin this weekend....
Heavyweight or Hevi 13s

13's
That 555 didnt cut it for me nor many folks on here.. Too tight in a pG with all the other stuff that figures in... Good thing, rip around through it, if it stinks, send her back and get the 570

gordongekko

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 28, 2011, 10:52:44 AM

AMEN!!!  'course if you decide you like a different choke better I'd be happy to take that Tempest off your hands....
In God we trust; all others pay cash.

Hardtime_NC

Actually the tempest is my friends.  Me, my dad, and my friend are all shooting Encore 20's so the cost on figuring all this out won't be so bad not to mention my wife works at a place that sells sporting goods.  She shoots a M2 20 as well. Her little 20 shooting so awesome is the whole reason for this 20ga. hype for all of us.   If he decides to sell it i will let you know.

Hardtime_NC

But if you want the very best out of what you have, you'll have to load your own 18g/cc shot.
[/quote]

I have been reading a lot about what you are doing with the TSS loads and they are absolutely amazing.  I have reloaded rifle ammo for years but know nothing about shot shell loading.  It is really peaking my interest and may have to seek some advice from you.