OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I want to learn to "HUFF"

Started by turkeykiller22, May 13, 2012, 05:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller22

Been listening to a lot of different callers lately. I have come to the conclusion that the get the most realistic sounds out of call you need to huff. If you listen to the really good comp callers they have a different way of putting air pressure over the reeds. They do this by huffing. I know this will probably take a while to learn and I understand that, im willing to put the time in. But I was wondering if anyone new of any good CDs or DVDs that teach the HUFF? If I learn I want to learn the right way the first time I do not want to have to go back and fix anything... Any siggestions?
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

redarrow

Thats all my ex wife ever did. She'd huff about this and huff about that. Nag nag nag.   :toothy12: Actually the huff i believe is from way down deep in the diaphragm. Anytime I tried to do it it causes me to start coughing.

Houndstooth Game Calls

Huff is the way to go it messed me up for a season cause I wasn't used to it in a turkey hunting situation specially when that heart beat got high lol! But this year it was second nature and the best thing that ever happened to my calling I don't feel like you can learn it off a video I figured it out through duck calls each individual note of the yelp has it's own huff of air, it's not a steady stream of air. When you hit it you will notice the difference and it will get easier and easier. Jmo

njdevilsb

http://www.scottellis-eliteturkeyhuntingandcalling.com/

Mouth Call Magic DVD.  My yelps improved quite a bit this season after watching this.  Scott is a great guy, excellent caller, and explains just about everything you need to know in this DVD.  It covers pretty much every hen sound you can imagine.  I highly recommend it.