OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

1 week to go

Started by VanHelden Game Calls, May 12, 2012, 10:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanHelden Game Calls

FYI I have 1 week left to upgrade.  I did not get it done today, I only had  this morning to hunt.  Lots of toms and maybe the biggest I have seen ever, but smart as well and it seems they are on the summer routines. 

Next Wed I start my last season around here.

Who else is still hunting?

savduck

I've got Monday and Tuesday afternoon left. Can't go in the mornings.
Georgia Boy

jbrown

Tuesday mornin, I'll try to call in a gobbler for my buddy Tony. The ONLY good thing about turkey season bein over.......its gettin closer to duck season!!!

870BkWht

Van,  I still have Tues, Wed, and Thursday until 1pm each day(WV law) and then our season closes on the 19th. 

JBrown,  since I dont duck hunt, I have to say the only good thing about turkey season being over is now I can sleep until about 7am on my days off instead of 4am.  Im bushed for real.

savduck

Quote from: jbrown on May 13, 2012, 08:43:45 PM
Tuesday mornin, I'll try to call in a gobbler for my buddy Tony. The ONLY good thing about turkey season bein over.......its gettin closer to duck season!!!

Yep can't w air for that either. Hate to see turkey season go. I'm pretty whipped though.
Georgia Boy

merocustomcalls

I've been out there still, I've had three close encounters this past week but the birds are getting really nervous and call shy.  I'm gonna keep after it but I'm not expecting much. 

savduck

Done. Thunder storms have made my decision to hunt in the afternoons for me. I'm officially pulling my gun and gear out the truck. I had a wonderful season, but couldn't top that first score.
Georgia Boy