OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Going hunting like my wife tomorrow.

Started by wisconsinteacher, May 12, 2012, 12:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

I am sleeping in, going to church, then going turkey hunting.  Of the six shots fired this season, one has been before 9am.  This morning they gobbled on the limb then shut up.  I had one gobble  back then heard a hen.  Tomorrow I am going to relax and enjoy the middle of the day and maybe have one over my shoulder by the end of the day.

JELLYHEAD

Sounds like a plan. Good luck! Wish our season wasn't over yet.... but then the grass wouldn't have been cut today  ;D

Spring Creek Calls

I've had some great hunts on the second sh ift over the years. Killed my Michigan bird last year at 12:45 PM. Good luck!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

mikejd

tomstopper

wisconsinteacher

It did not work out very well.  We saw 3 toms on land we can't touch and then on another farm, had a tom gobble but he was 400 yards away in another wood lot that we did not have permission to hunt on.  So if the land was accessable, we would have been able to go after at least 2 groups of birds.  It was a nice day in the woods with my wife.  I did not hunt very hard this weekend but for a $10 tag was able to work some birds yesterday and then hunt for a few hours today.  Next weekend is the last weekend to hunt in WI so I hope I can find one.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase