OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SXP

Started by Fastcat, May 11, 2012, 07:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastcat

I would love to get a new 3.5 inch turkey gun to replace my 835 for everyday use. I also love my 1300s. So the XPS is a logical choice. Has anyone tried one of these? Also the original 1300 kicks harder than most 3.5 inch guns.  I can only imagine that the XPS (a 3.5 inch 6 5/8 pound 1300.) Might be brutal!

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Fastcat on May 11, 2012, 07:58:11 AM
I would love to get a new 3.5 inch turkey gun to replace my 835 for everyday use. I also love my 1300s. So the XPS is a logical choice. Has anyone tried one of these? Also the original 1300 kicks harder than most 3.5 inch guns.  I can only imagine that the XPS (a 3.5 inch 6 5/8 pound 1300.) Might be brutal!

I have not shot or even seen the 3.5" gun in person, just the press releases but I'm sure you're correct about the recoil.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Fastcat

The first time i have heard of the 3.5 inch version was a couple days ago in a magazine. Thr long chamber was all the original 1300 was missing was the longer chamber. I also noticed the barrel on that verson is over bored.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Fastcat on May 11, 2012, 06:32:49 PM
The first time i have heard of the 3.5 inch version was a couple days ago in a magazine. Thr long chamber was all the original 1300 was missing was the longer chamber. I also noticed the barrel on that verson is over bored

I don't know what the release date is but the press release has been out for a while. At times, that can be quite a while before the gun is actually available.

That gun will have a .742 i.d. barrel and use Invector+ chokes.

The 3" gun has been out for a while and reviews have been largely positive. I have handled and shot that gun and if you were a 1300 fan, you'd probably like that one. It's the "speed pump" with a different name.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

surehuntsalot

they are some great looking guns
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

bigredneck61088

Interesting, my current bird gun is a 1300, and i just snagged an SX2 3.5 NWTF to become my primary... guess i may be wanting one of these too!!

gatrkyhntr70

Its a great looking gun, feels good too. I actually handled one at academy sports. The price is right... I want to wait till some others try it first. Made in Turkey has me on hold..
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-