turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Operation Thank You! Veteran Hunt!

Started by Gooserbat, May 10, 2012, 05:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

It's been  a few day since I been around much but I wanted to report that our Operation Thank You hunt was a sucess.  The winner Tim Andrews of the US Navy took this bird with on 05-01.  Our cosponsors this year were Stuart Ranch Outfitters, Natgear Camo, Illinois River Limbhangers chapter of NWTF, and Gooserbat Game Calls.

The first pic is of tim just moments after he killed his bird and the second is with myself, Tim, and Joey Blackburn who was running the camera.  Maybe Joey can upload the footage. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

tomstopper

:thanks: As a veteran I say thank you. I am sure he to appreciates it.

TauntoHawk

That's awesome! Way to go, I just finished my first wounded warrior hunt and it was some of the best times in the woods with those guys

Im sure it ment a lot to him
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WildTigerTrout

As a veteran myself I must say, great job. I'm sure he had a great time. It's good to see folks show their appreciation to our military veterans. Keep it up!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Gooserbat

OK here is the second pic I just realized I posted the first one twice. 

From left to right:  Myself, Tim Andrews of the US Navy, and 2012 OK State Calling Champ, Joey Blackburn
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.