OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Super Elite III Turkey Vest Size Questions - Need Advice

Started by Dan Smith, May 10, 2012, 09:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Smith

All,

I'm new to the forums and reside here in KS and look forward to being a part of the group.

I have a question on the fitment of the Super Elite III turkey vests.  I'm 5'-10" and 175lbs.  Should I go with the M/L size, or the XL-XXL size?  There are times when I'm wearing insulated camo coveralls or a heavy camo jacket underneath these.  Do they run big or true to Size? 

From your experiences, should I size up to the XL-XXL size, or go with the M/L?  I'm tired of having gear fall all over the place in my pockets.  ;D

Thanks for your time and efforts.

Dan

Jay Longhauser

Hey Dan,

I 6' and 200 lbs and the medium large is plenty big for me. 

Dan Smith

Thank you!

Do people like the Mossy-oak obsession pattern?  They are now on sale at many places for $69 in the M/L.

Not too much to choose from this late in the season.  Thus the "sale" prices.

What patterns do people like the best on these vests?

Thanks again.

Dan

KYFrid

I have the Obsession pattern. I bought my brother one in Bottomland. If I had to choose I would have the one in bottomland. Only because It blends in better fall and spring turkey seasons.

Tail Feathers

Welcome Dan.  I've read that those vests run a little small but I don't own one.
I've seen them priced as low as $39 on sale.
Check www.wingsupply.com before buying.  I recommend them, their service is great and they usually have the best price.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

dlquinn

As already mentioned checking WingSupply is a good bet...I got mine from them on clearance..It was the Mossy Oak breakup.

My suggestion....Buy a size bigger than you normally wear. Once you put some gear in the back pouch its going to feel tight. There are straps that adjust to give a little more room but I am still glad that I went with the bigger size.
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

Skeeter41

I am 5'7 and 175 pounds.  I have the M/L and it fits nice with a sweatshirt on.  I think it is a little snug with a sweatshirt and insulated coat.  If I carry decoys and a bunch of accessories, it is very snug. 

mudhen

I'm 5' 10" 205, and I use the XL-XXL.  Fits a little loose, but I'm usually wearing a few layers + I load it up with crap!

Watch out for sales, the line is changing...

The SE III switched to Treklite for 2012, but not in MO Bottomland, which is still primarily cotton, and prone to falling apart faster, and not holding a camo pattern as sharply.

I've had several SE III's fall apart with heavy use, no complaints, but the Trek-lite appears to be much more tear-resistant.  Bought one in APG, and sold it, but the guy loves it!

I do wish it came in MO Bottomland Trek-Lite, that would be a hot seller, but MO said they had no plans in doing so.  Maybe by 2013, they will change their mind.

mudhen

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

WyoHunter

I'm 5'10" and weigh 195 lbs. and I got the XL-XXL and with all my calls and other "stuff" it fits fine. I have the Mossy Oak Obsession and in the terrain I hunt I like it. 
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Saylfish

I'm 6 foot 175 and have the xtra large. Fits perfect. When you start stuffing that thing full of gear you will be glad you went bigger.
IAFF 1377

stinkpickle

If I had to do it all over again, I would get the larger one.