turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Any plans for 2013?

Started by Kywoodsman, May 09, 2012, 10:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kywoodsman

Well now that turkey seasons are starting to close down across the country is anyone already started to plan out of state hunts for next year yet? I know a thread like this was started at the end of last spring and it was interesting to see what everybody had in mind. It's looking like I might be able to go on my first out of state hunt this next spring because I'll have a few days personal time to use. I was looking at getting a hunt in somewhere before our season starts up here in Kentucky around the second week in April. I would probably have a couple days to hunt with maybe a half day to a day on each end of the trip to travel. Where would you all suggest planning a trip to and could you suggest any good public land in any of the states to try because swinging an outfitted hunt somewhere right now is probably not gonna be an option for me. I just know a lot of you all on here do a lot of traveling to hunt and would like to get your take on any good ideas and like to hear plans of where you all are traveling yourselves to get ideas.

jbennett

A group of us have already paid our deposits for a 2013 hunt in Nebraska. Going to have see something other than MS this coming season.

mudhen

Just booked NE & KS.

Looking into OK & OR.

Just booked a 2012 NE deer hunt too...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

ohiostrutter

Looking for a Kansas Rio hunt right now

Mark K

Y'all do realize the states mentioned so far have a ton of public areas?? I'm guessing booked means with an outfitter?? My son and I go to Kansas every year with the most expense being gas.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Would like to hit new mexico, utah, colorado, wyoming, montana, and nebraska on the western half of the country and then do tennessee, south carolina, maryland and virginia in the east.

We shall see how things work out.

savduck

Quote from: Mark K on May 10, 2012, 10:45:20 AM
Y'all do realize the states mentioned so far have a ton of public areas?? I'm guessing booked means with an outfitter?? My son and I go to Kansas every year with the most expense being gas.

Mark, welcome to OG.
Georgia Boy

davisd9

Hoping to hit Fla to get sub speices number two for my slam and hopefully back to Ms if invited.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Spring_Woods

I always say "Kentucky" but it's also weather pending..
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

mudhen

Quote from: Mark K on May 10, 2012, 10:45:20 AM

I have kilt tons of birds on KS public land; then the guys from MS/AR, etc. started showing up, driving around and around and around and around, so now I hunt with a great outfitter that costs less than motel bill, and they provide lodging ;D

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

hookedspur

Well I hope it goes this way , Start in Ohio then to SD on in to NB down to KS then back home to OH , and I might hit WV . :turkey2:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

ElkTurkMan

I am looking into a Florida hunt or two.  Anyone have any recomendations?

OLE RASPY

Got our hunt booked for a rio hunt in south central texas next year.Ill have my slam then.

TRKYHTR

Don't know yet. Things are in the works. I hope to hit a couple different states next year.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

sippy cup

hopefully west Virginia Kentucky and Ohio
beware of longdale legend