OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Any turkeys still cooperating in west tn.

Started by tn_tom, May 07, 2012, 09:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tn_tom

All tagged out in west tn..  Haven't hunted in 2 weeks are the birds active at all or have they locked up and shut up for thee year...

Wingbone

I went out the past couple afternoons to play with them at my farm. Never heard a bird, saw a bird, or saw sign from a bird. I think it's over. A nieighbor had two sets of poults come through his yard last week.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

SKFOOTER

It's definitely over.  We've been seeing hens with poults for 2 weeks.

vaturkey

It's never over ! Gobblers are there ! You got to dig in & hunt-em like deer.  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

SKFOOTER

chipper

I had 2 that gobbled at least 200 times 5-5-12, killed 1 of them at 7:20 am to tag out this year, 19 lbs, 1 inch spurs and a heavy 6 inch beard that had beard rot, it had 5 strands that went 10.5 inches.

Wingbone

Well I said that it was over but I was at least slightly wrong. I believe they are done breeding, but I called up two bachelor groups of toms yesterday between 5pm-6pm. They gobbled the whole way in with 8-10 birds in each group.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

SKFOOTER

Wingbone

In Hoc Signo Vinces

OldMarine

They were gobbling across the creek Saturday in Hardin county 5/12/12 !
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." – Ronald Reagan