OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I got a new call ordered...

Started by cannonball, May 07, 2012, 09:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonball

It's coming out of Canton GA. Del and Jim probably have a good idea what it is and who made it. ;D

jbrown

You gonna love it.....used mine this mornin!

cannonball

Quote from: jbrown on May 07, 2012, 10:01:57 PM
You gonna love it.....used mine this mornin!

What wood is yours Jim? The one I ordered is Osage, Mr. Buice told me him and his son both use Osage trumpets as their hunting calls.

savduck

Man Eddie, you will love that Buice. The Osage is sweet. I've run one before, and they are sweet.
Georgia Boy

Basser69

We want to see pics! Congrats on a fine yelper

jbrown

Eddie, I have no idea how to spell it.....lithum vida. I bought it in 1999, its been good to me.....I may retire it after this season, it has 3 cracks.  Post us a pic!!

savduck

Jim he has another in stock. I'd fill it with some wood filler and then one coat of flat clear poly and keep hunting. That baby is a killer.

Billy said to send my olive wood back. He says it is defective. Shouldn't call in so many turkeys in less than 24 hours.
Georgia Boy

Basser69

Jim, fill those cracks with ca glue. It is like a superglue type product. You can buy some "dry fast" spray and have it huntable is less that 5 minutes. If you take your time, it will hardly be noticeable.

cannonball

Quote from: Basser69 on May 08, 2012, 12:06:25 AM
We want to see pics! Congrats on a fine yelper

I will post some up when it arrives. I hope to have it by Saturday, it's going to the woods with me if it does.

cannonball

Quote from: jbrown on May 08, 2012, 09:02:23 AM
Eddie, I have no idea how to spell it.....lithum vida. I bought it in 1999, its been good to me.....I may retire it after this season, it has 3 cracks.  Post us a pic!!

That would be lignum vitae. Mr Buice spelled it out for me and I wrote it down. It was between the Osage and the lignum vitae that he said was his best two sounding calls. You have yourself a good one there!