OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Not a loser but a leaver !!

Started by timbrhuntr, May 07, 2012, 02:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbrhuntr

I read the posts about losing stuff in the woods. I start the season carrying everything you could possible think off. Then I start to leave stuff in the house before I lose it. I am now down to a couple mouth calls, seat and gun or bow and licence.  Anyone else end the season carrying alot less than they thought they couldn't live without at the start.

RutnNStrutn

I usually do, because I start out with my vest, then as it gets warmer, I move to my Beard Buster belt. But, this season was so warm, I never used the vest.

Tail Feathers

I'm a leaver too.
I end up with a pot call or two, mouth calls and water.
If I expect to walk a  lot, I even leave the Gobbler Lounger.  Man that thing makes turkey hunting easier!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

redarrow

I shuck the vest bout mid season most years and just stuff my pockets. I do the same thing with the backpack during deer season.

drenalinld

I'm a leaver, a loser, and a breaker. I leave it in my truck, lose it in the woods, and break it everywhere in between. One morning this past week I started with bow, camera, tripod, stools, blind, vest loaded to the hilt, gun, and videoed my buddy shooting a gobbler i called up. Later I struck a gobbler mid morning and killed it with only one mouth call and gun wearing shorts.

chcltlabz

My first trip for mountain merriams made me a leaver.  By the end of the week I was down to a couple mouth calls in my pocket, a box call and the shells in my gun.  Gloves and face mask as needed only.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.