OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Two old birds in North Missouri...future is bright

Started by learn2hide, May 07, 2012, 11:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

learn2hide

:z-guntootsmiley: Had a very weird but excellent season in North MO. Killed my two best birds, 24/11/1 3-8 and 21/12/1 7-16 both at least 4 years old...but heard almost no gobbling.  First bird gobbled on his own a few times right before I shot him, second bird gobbled once in 7 days.   Shot them both at the same creek crossing after spying them strutting hens in a field and being able to sneak into the woods ahead of them and wait them out.  Birds were taken with NWTF Super X2 and Hevi 13 2 1/4oz #7's and #5's respectively.  Shots at 30 and 35 yards.  The second one in a downpour after belly crawling to get in position for the shot!  The best news is the future is bright...saw jakes on most every scouting expedition...should mean the gobbles will return to the woods for 2013...Hope everyone had a great season.
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

turkey harvester

TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

learn2hide

Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

turkey harvester

The birds in the southern part of the state were done bout time season started or soon after. Still I killed one, 23.15 lbs, 10 1/2 amd 5 1/2" beards, 1 3/16 spurs. Not bad
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA

learn2hide

not bad at all...I'm happy to get a chance at one per year, this year was a bonus for me...not the first time I've tagged out but first time on two good birds.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

RutnNStrutn

intherut

tomstopper

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

bluetick58

Nice birds i also live and hunt ne mo least amount of gobbling i ever heard killed 1- 24lbs 1.50 spurs and 1- 2yr old first 2yr old that i have killed in years but i did see some jakes so i hope for another good hatch  andi hope in couple years ,back to the way it was

learn2hide

glad to know I'm not crazy...haven't killed or seen a confirmed 2 yr old on our little farm since 2009

slamman

Spring Creek Calls

I do believe the future is bright. Saw lots of jakes and was pleasantly surprised at how many adult birds were around. Our group took 3 adult birds in the first week and all saw jakes. Weather should be good for another great hatch, I pray.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

hookedspur

CRUSADERS