OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Still at it.

Started by WNY Bowhunter, May 07, 2012, 07:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNY Bowhunter

Had a couple of close calls this morning and yesterday morning but no birds on the ground yet.  Too many henned up birds around...24 days left to get it done.
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

davisd9

Good Luck and keep after them! Just a matter of time for you to knock one down!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

Good luck!  I am officially bored now that I am done.

davisd9

Quote from: trkehunr93 on May 07, 2012, 09:55:54 AM
Good luck!  I am officially bored now that I am done.

X1000!  I had to go shopping with my wife saturday.  I do not mind that but she just does not know when to stop trying things on, lol.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

M,Yingling

Good luck ,, been tuff here for me only got out 3 mornings ,, no birds
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

davisd9

Quote from: M,Yingling on May 07, 2012, 08:53:22 PM
Good luck ,, been tuff here for me only got out 3 mornings ,, no birds

Good luck to you also.  Cannot wait to see those PA and NY birds on the ground!

dirt road ninja

Sooner than later one will wander into range. Whenever your in the woods you can go from zero to hero in seconds. Something a good turkey hunter told me was "you can't kill a turkey, a turkey has to kill himself". The more I know the more I think he's right.

WNY Bowhunter

Quote from: dirt road ninja on May 08, 2012, 09:36:16 AM
Sooner than later one will wander into range. Whenever your in the woods you can go from zero to hero in seconds. Something a good turkey hunter told me was "you can't kill a turkey, a turkey has to kill himself". The more I know the more I think he's right.

Good quote.   :icon_thumright:.

It's been a strange year.  A lot of the gobblers are still henned up big time...even through late morning.  Also, a lot of birds are still flocked up.  My dad saw a bachelor group of 22 jakes/toms feeding out in a cornfield on a local farm yesterday afternnoon.  What the heck are they all together like that for this time of the year?  Pretty odd.  I might get to hunt this spot on sunday if my buddy (who's father-in-law owns the place) can get sunday morning off to go out...:happy0064:.  I talked to the guy who's hunting the same birds that I've been after all week and he said there are 9 toms that are together in this group.  You don't typically see multiple gobblers hanging out in the spring like this in these parts.  Usually, you'll see a lone gobbler or maybe two with hens but not this many.
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."