OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hunting Rides

Started by unclerick, February 27, 2011, 06:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unclerick

Just wondering if anybody else has a desinated turkey hunting or just hunting vehicle, this is my puddle jumper, an 89 Chevy S-10 Tahoe, I like driveing her alot,

Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

harvester

No not anymore, had a 95 jeep wrangler but sold it last spring and bout a Tahoe. Needed something else all the family could ride in. I just drive my truck or walk from the house to where ever I plan on huntin.  :gobble: :gobble: :gobble: :fud: :newmascot:

mfd1027

Most of you guys have seen what we use down here but maybe some haven't:
Dan

mfd1027

Be on it in one wk.   Most years we ride 3-4 miles in 3ft. of water.    It's been dry this year so maybe it won't be that bad.   Here's a pic. I snapped last year.   

Dan

gob09

shawn theres probly guys that build those for a living but they may have built it themselves heres mine
i still have the chevy z-71 wish i had the bronco ii back for sure

[attachment deleted by admin]

unclerick

Yeah Wes, it's gong to be kinda wierd not rideing in that bronco this year.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

mfd1027

The buggy is actually belongs to my huntin' buddy Brad.   He's an awesome mechanic which is important when you own one.  The main part of the buggy was built when he got it but he finished it.   The chasis is a 74 Bronco, Dana front and rear end, straight 6 cyl. Ford and auto trans.    Most of the time you can't go over 10 mph so no need for speed.   

That's very typical of the terrain.  You'll have large sloughs as we call them with areas of dry like where the buggy pic's are that are mixed pines.   Trees are cypress, pines, cabbage palms, palmetto's and an occasional oak.   That's a cypress hammock we're cutting through in the water picture.    In my younger days I used to ride my bicycle but you'd have to get off and wade when you'd get to a slough like the one in the picture.   Yep, lot's of gators so it's a little unnerving wading through them in the dark.   I was hunting Bear Island in those days and it's a little drier than the portion of Big Cypress we hunt now so we really only had to wade one slough but it was waist deep.    I'll take my camera next wk. and get some more pic's .   It's really beautiful out there.  Hopefully I'll hear a gobble this yr.   
Dan

harvester

Quote from: mfd1027 on February 28, 2011, 09:09:39 AM
The buggy is actually belongs to my huntin' buddy Brad.   He's an awesome mechanic which is important when you own one.  The main part of the buggy was built when he got it but he finished it.   The chasis is a 74 Bronco, Dana front and rear end, straight 6 cyl. Ford and auto trans.    Most of the time you can't go over 10 mph so no need for speed.   

That's very typical of the terrain.  You'll have large sloughs as we call them with areas of dry like where the buggy pic's are that are mixed pines.   Trees are cypress, pines, cabbage palms, palmetto's and an occasional oak.   That's a cypress hammock we're cutting through in the water picture.    In my younger days I used to ride my bicycle but you'd have to get off and wade when you'd get to a slough like the one in the picture.   Yep, lot's of gators so it's a little unnerving wading through them in the dark.   I was hunting Bear Island in those days and it's a little drier than the portion of Big Cypress we hunt now so we really only had to wade one slough but it was waist deep.    I'll take my camera next wk. and get some more pic's .   It's really beautiful out there.  Hopefully I'll hear a gobble this yr.   
What size tires you got on that thing?

keyser12ga

That is a beast! I'd much rather be on it than walking through that.

keyser12ga

I use a suzuki sidekick, good gas mileage, 4wd, old enough I'm not worried about hurting it, and small enough to fit in tight places.

Ricochet

I need a 4WD beater or 4-wheeler, because taking my new F-150 to the hunt club can get ugly.   :help:

Swamp buggies are very cool!

[attachment deleted by admin]
-JP
Is it turkey season yet? I love the sound of thunder chickens in the morning...

gob09

Quote from: keyser12ga on February 28, 2011, 09:47:53 AM
I use a suzuki sidekick, good gas mileage, 4wd, old enough I'm not worried about hurting it, and small enough to fit in tight places.
what kinda prices are them things going for josh i had a guy call me today with a two wheel drive side kick

keyser12ga

Wes,  I got a good deal on mine, it was the 4dr and only had 70k on it and it's a 94.  it had some cosmetic issues (dog had torn up all the seats except the drivers).  I gave $3200 I think.

OLE RASPY

Quote from: mfd1027 on February 27, 2011, 10:43:05 PM
Most of you guys have seen what we use down here but maybe some haven't:

I reckon im gonna be riding one of these when i get down there and a air boat.Ill be sure to take a pic.Cool buggy.