turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

way to go dad!

Started by tomtaker123, May 05, 2012, 08:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomtaker123

ok, so we get up at 4 and we are walkin in to the woods at 5, in our blinds by 5:15. im about 350 yards away from my fathers blind but i han see the field he is hunting and his decoy. didnt hear a single sound till about six, at six i hear a gobbler goin nuts about 200 yards away and in my dads direction. long story short the tom and one of his hens fly down at 6:20ish and he wants nothin to due with his hen decoy, but apperently his little girlfriend wants a piece of her. she comes stormin in and he follows, stopin and strutting then moving in.he finally gets within 45 yards and boom goes the dinomite. shot rings off at 6:31 and the birds down  :newmascot: . hen dosnt know what to do and just stands there until my dad gets out of the blind. bird weighed 20 pounds and had a 9.75" inch bears (9.25 if you measured just the bulk. the spurs where 1.5 and 1.25. awesome mornin and he was due, he hunted every day of the season and only had one shot and missed, but he got him today, same bird. pictures will be up in a little bit, now its turn for me to get mine  :z-guntootsmiley:
"speak the language"

tomtaker123

"speak the language"

Thunderbolt

:turkey2:congrats dad!....good bird

KYFrid

Congrats to your Dad! Must have been awsome watching it all go down.  :funnyturkey:

tomtaker123

yah, not the biggest bird in the woods but definately the biggest head on a bird i have ever seen. had a sludge hammer for a head, just huge.
"speak the language"

tomstopper

Congrats to your dad...

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Wrangler95

Very nice going,congrats!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

mnturkey

Congratulations to your dad
SEMPER FI

pullit

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase