OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lightning Strikes Twice

Started by styger, May 04, 2012, 03:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

styger

I have made 4 new box calls since the one I posted that I used to call in a nice tom for my son. Three of them I absolutely love, 1 sounds just OK. I called two jakes in on Monday with the Purpleheart over Mahogany and the original Bloodwood over Walnut I made. I left them walk for another season, or hunter. Today I used a new Bloodwood over walnut and the Purpleheart over Mahogany exclusively and called in this beautiful public land Pennsylvania Gobbler. I will post pictures of the calls later. I am really proud of them. They turned out perfect. I have never had this much success with box calls ever. And I own some of the best made. I've been fortunate enough to call in 10 gobblers in our first two weeks so far. I know it helps when 7 come in together.

rdmar

That's the way to do it. Nice bird and good looking calls

TauntoHawk

You should be proud, I can only imagine the feeling of calling and killing a bird off of ones own craftsmanship! Nice bird and a great looking box, you got a skill there
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kenturkey89

Congrats on a great bird.  I harvested 2 birds using my calls for the first time ever this year and it truly is a great feeling!!  Congrats again  :icon_thumright:
Brian

cannonball

Spring Creek Calls

Great story and really nice lookin' boxes! Keep up the good work.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com