turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A word from the Captain

Started by savduck, May 04, 2012, 08:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Just wanted to say I've enjoyed being your Captain. I think it's pretty cool we all set out to kill turkeys using trumpets, and have been getting it done. You guys are flat out killers and are getting it done, but also you all have read the rules and  followed them pretty well. our pictures are pretty good, and thats huge for winning this thing.Unfortunately some other teams pictures aren't that great and they will likely have some birds disqualified. Thanks for all your hard work thus far.

We still haven't won this thing and a few more upgrades would help. We got some guys still hunting so keep em pumped up with encouragement and in the woods. It's easy to skip a few hunts with a long season. Hunt hard and have fun. Thanks fellas.
Georgia Boy

VanHelden Game Calls

Yup I have until May22nd.  Hopefully I can upgrade, thats if I can find them at that time.  Lots of vegetation, hay will be waste tall along with the wheat.  And I am not sure how they will respond.

But we got 4" of rain in 24 hrs so alot of nests I think have been ruined, maybe this will prolong the breading cycles and keep the toms active?

Basser69

Del,

We really appreciate you taking all the time to make this team work. While my season is over, there are some guys that still have a chance to upgrade as well as put up some points. It has been a great, fun year and I am already looking forward to March 15 2013!

Scott

TRKYHTR

You did a great job Del. Both hunting and being the captain. Thanks for all you did this year.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

Quote from: VanHelden Game Calls on May 04, 2012, 11:31:15 AM
Yup I have until May22nd.  Hopefully I can upgrade, thats if I can find them at that time.  Lots of vegetation, hay will be waste tall along with the wheat.  And I am not sure how they will respond.

But we got 4" of rain in 24 hrs so alot of nests I think have been ruined, maybe this will prolong the breading cycles and keep the toms active?

There is a very good chance they will. Good luck
Georgia Boy

savduck

You bet fellas. It's been a blast.....don't count me out. Got my second wind for the last two weeks. Got a dandy this afternoon, but he is 1 point under my big spurred bird.  63.875

18lb 12 oz, 11 inch beard, 1 1/8 spur and 1 3/16 spur. Got one more bird in GA to tag out. Billy Buice olive wood trumpet.
Georgia Boy

jbrown

Congrats Del......I'll see you in the mornin, maybe we can find an up grade at the farm!

cannonball

Thanks Del for all you have done for the team. I have enjoyed having you as Captain, team mate and hunting buddy. You taught me a lot about turkey hunting and for that I am very greatful.

savduck

Quote from: cannonball on May 04, 2012, 10:26:13 PM
Thanks Del for all you have done for the team. I have enjoyed having you as Captain, team mate and hunting buddy. You taught me a lot about turkey hunting and for that I am very greatful.

You bet buddy. We will hunt together some more. We need to start thinking about next years team hunt.
Georgia Boy

cannonball

Quote from: savduck on May 08, 2012, 07:19:52 PM
Quote from: cannonball on May 04, 2012, 10:26:13 PM

You bet buddy. We will hunt together some more. We need to start thinking about next years team hunt.

I am most definitely in! Give me a shout if you want to head up here for a few days.