turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Friday Devotional 5/04/2012 " God's Reign"

Started by BOFF, May 03, 2012, 11:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Well, April 19th and 20th we planted 45 acres of summer time food plots, expecting rain in the forecast for Saturday, the 21st. We didn't get any, and haven't had any until last night and today. I've been focused on the time, and money spent, and the fact the seed could die after sprouting and then not getting any rain. So, prayers for rain have been a major focus.

As I was driving in the rain this morning, I thanked the good Lord for the rain he provided, and turned to thinking about today's'  devotional.  The subject of "rain" had been my focus, but quickly changed to the "reign" of the Lord. As the ruler of my life, do I truly show it in what I do? Do I spend enough time with God in His word, and in His plans? Is He really the Ruler in my life? Unfortunately, no, not always.

God gives me a choice, and many times, I make the wrong choices due to selfish desires and focuses. Fortunately, I have a loving Ruler who reigns over me, and welcomes me back in His court with open arms. 

Have you acknowledged Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Does he reign in your life?

Joshua 24:15 (NIV)

15 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Heavenly Father,

Forgive me of the selfishness and self serving nature I have had lately. 

Thank you for your reign in our lives, and the salvation we have in your son Jesus. Thank you for our families, and the eternal life we have promised in your courts. Guide us with your Holy Spirit, not for our glory, but yours. May your words dwell in our hearts and be frequent from our mouths. Bless our families, to your service, and to your plans. For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

God gives me a choice, and many times, I make the wrong choices due to selfish desires and focuses. Fortunately, I have a loving Ruler who reigns over me, and welcomes me back in His court with open arms. 

Amen to that David, great devotional!!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

MisterEd55

Thanks Dave for a great devotional.  My own selfishness is my own worst enemy...it pulls me away from obeying what my Lord has put right in front of me to do.  It's a daily struggle, that's for sure!
"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might."  Deuteronomy 6:5

misfire

My selfishness has been a plague to my walk with God for too long now. Thank you David for a timely message
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net