turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Guess who I ran in to?

Started by Kywoodsman, May 03, 2012, 06:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kywoodsman

I was standing in the turkey hunting section of our local Gander Mountain here in Bowling Green, KY today looking around when I hear one of the employees talking to a couple of guys and he says, "So you all gonna do some filming then today?". Well this grabs my attention and I look up and there stands 2 guys and this employee, one of which was Aaron Lewis, avid hunter and lead singer of the rock group Staind. He's also been on quite a few hunting shows including Dream Season for Drury outdoors. So before he left I walked over and said hi and asked him if he had been doing much turkey hunting this year. He said yes, that he was working on a single season grand slam and all that he had left was an Eastern that he was hoping on getting this afternoon. We talked for a minute and I got his autograph before he left. I think it was by far the coolest trip to Gander Mountain I've ever had.

bird

That's pretty cool.  His song Country Boy is my #1 favorite song.

Flydown

woodwzrd

Now that is the coolest thing I have heard all day. I have been a fan of his music since Stained's first song hit the radio and had no idea he was even a hunter. :you_rock:  :you_rock:

fallhnt

That is better than the Gander Mtn.bucks I get with my statement every month.COOL!
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

tomstopper

slamman

he doesn't need camo's with the sleeves he has.  :)

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Spring_Woods

I've watched staind live! I had no idea he was a hunter.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

Thunderbolt

That is prety sweet....Thunderbolt :turkey2:

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Kywoodsman

Yah. It was really cool. I told a buddy of mine about it and we got looking on the internet and found out that Staind was gonna be in Lexington, KY the next night along with the band Godsmack. So we ended up getting tickets and going last night and it was great!

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

RutnNStrutn

That is cool!! He is very talented, and I love his song Country Boy. :icon_thumright: