OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dan from SE Penna.

Started by dan61psu, May 03, 2012, 04:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan61psu

Hey guys - just dropping in to introduce myself!

I live in the Philly area, and have just recently become stricken with Turkey Hunting fever.  I just started (and probably finished) my second (unsuccessful) Spring Gobbler season.  I hunt with my brother in law in the Williamsport area of PA, Lycoming County.

Last year we hit a SGL on opening day and were lucky enough to call in a tom, which I missed :(.  Shoulda tried to coax him in farther, and shoulda aimed lower.  We hunted the same spot a second time last year and heard/saw nothing in the spring.  Hit the woods in the area again last year for fall turkey, but we were again met with a quiet forest.

This year, we hit the same spring spot and were foiled by some late arrivals to the SGL who spooked roosting birds (we heard em fly off in the pre-twilight time).  So we found some private land to hunt in the Pennsdale area, scouted a bunch, found lots of signs, but only saw hens on the last day we were able to hunt.  We were met with an early morning gobble fest, but we think they were too far off and headed in the wrong direction after fly down.  At least we have a new place to hunt.

Anyways, looking forward to reading/learning and hopefully contributing to the forums here! 
It's no fun living so far from good turkey woods!

TauntoHawk

Welcome Dan!

Im from Lancaster area, Public land PA can be tough glad you've had some close encounter and found an encouraging new hunting spot.

Keep at it and good luck! Lots of great stuff and awesome people here on the sight :wagon:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dan61psu

I grew up in the Lancaster area!  Just west of Millersville, Penn Manor SD.
It's no fun living so far from good turkey woods!

tjh24

Welcome!  I went to college in Williamsport and did most of my hunting in Trout run.  If I had known then, what i know now, I would have been much more successful!  You can learn a ton from the guys here on OG and good luck with your season!

cannonball

Ruger M77

Welcome from schuylkill county :wagon:
I eat therefore I hunt

Turkey Call Maker

Jim

Thunderbolt

Hey Dan...not too far from you....Montgromery....glad to meet you....Thunderbolt

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Sully53

:welcomeOG: Hey Dan, I'm from northern Lancaster Co., we have a cabin in Sullivan Co. where I do most of my hunting, our camp members are finding the turkey hunting to be tough this year so far!!!!

Headhunter270

turkey slayer

BigEz

captin_hook