turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

DSD DECOYS

Started by harvester, February 27, 2011, 05:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvester

DSD DECOYS are the closest thing that looks like a real bird that I have ever seen. BUT I think I can live without them. The strutter is 200 bucks and the hen is 120 bucks. My gosh, the only way I could ever afford one of them is if I was to with the lottery.  :TooFunny: I mean come on, they are rediculously high. :o

unclerick

Yeah I know it, looked at them at the convention, actualy looked like real live turkeys, would love to have a feeding hen, but I'm with you Dustin they are just to expensive for me as well, espeacaily since I'm killing birds with she-mobile and a $5 hen I got on clearence from Midway.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

turkeybow

They are high but they are nice!  I have the upright hen and I have used it a few times.  Haven't had anything come to it but a hen but she strutted all the way up to it and then started pecking it on the head.  Got it all on video  :icon_thumright:  Pretty impressive if you ask me.  I have other decoys as well that are much cheaper and have taken plenty of birds off of them as well but the realism sold me
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

harvester

Quote from: moore on February 27, 2011, 05:28:40 PM
They don't look that moblie for runnin and gunnin
turkeybow
What is your opinion on this? How mobile are they?

unclerick

The DSD are out of my price range for sure,They don't look that moblie for runnin and gunnin
Besides price thats another reason I didn't get one, they don't look very mobile.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

turkeybow

Quote from: harvester on February 27, 2011, 05:31:36 PM
They don't look that moblie for runnin and gunnin
turkeybow
What is your opinion on this? How mobile are they?

I got mine right before the ACE technology came out.  From what I have been told the ACE technology is more mobile than what I have.  The decoy I have is just hard plastic.  From what I have been told the ACE technology is flexible making them more mobile.
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold