turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Season Update...

Started by WNY Bowhunter, May 03, 2012, 09:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNY Bowhunter

Well, I've been covered up in birds over the past three days but haven't been able to put a tag on one yet.  I heard 300+ gobbles yesterday and had several gobblers within shooting range at one time but it was too thick to see them and they went down to the gulley bottom below me to meet up with the hens.  Man oh man, I had my safety off and was all ready to lay the smackdown on one of them too!!! This morning was a virtual repeat of yesterday. I snuck back in in super early again and got set-up with 70 yds of a whole flock of birds.  I had 7-8 gobblers hammering on the roost and then turkeys started pitching down into the bottom below me again from ever direction.  I had two birds gobbling within 40 yds on the ground but they headed down to where the rest of them were.  Unfortunately, its posted property so I can't get down to where they are heading to.  I'll probably go after them again tomorrow and then try something different over the weekend...
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

dirt road ninja

Your in'em. Sounds like action packed hunts, not going to be long before your tagging one. How many tags Y'all get?

davisd9

Good luck.  Cannot wait to see pictures.  Already have withdrawls here!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WNY Bowhunter

We get two spring tags.

I'm pushing the property boundaries pretty tight as it is.  I did set-up today about 50 yds further up from where I was yesterday where it's a little more open.  If I would have been in the same spot yest. as today, I would have killed a gobbler.  I don't know if I could make it down into the bottom from where I come in anyways because there are so many birds roosted all along it.  We'll see what happen in the morning, they'll mess up sooner or later... :anim_25:.
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."