turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I got a 28ga!!

Started by wisconsinteacher, May 02, 2012, 09:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

I found an Express on Gunbroker.  I paid a little more than I hoped, but it is in great shape and I am not seeing many of these.  I emailed Remington and they said they do not plan on making them again.  Less than 450.00 shipped.  I hope I did okay, now to sell a few things on my end.

Spring Creek Calls

That should be a great little gun. Hold on to it!

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

schuylkillspur

not a bad price. should be a good gun
You hav nothing w/o FAITH

wisconsinteacher

Well I shot the 28 for the first time this weekend.  I shot at 20 yards and used Remington trap loads with #9 lead shot.  At POA I got 70 hits in 10" and my best 10" circle produced 100 on the head.  The gun has a mod. fixed choke.  It is time to get it threaded for a choke tube. 

dirt road ninja

Glad you found what you were looking for. Good luck on your gauge slam, I look forward to following your progress.

If I were you I'd throw a few turkey loads down the pipe before I'd thread the barrel.

BandedSpur

Quote from: wisconsinteacher on May 29, 2012, 02:46:30 PM
Well I shot the 28 for the first time this weekend.  I shot at 20 yards and used Remington trap loads with #9 lead shot.  At POA I got 70 hits in 10" and my best 10" circle produced 100 on the head.  The gun has a mod. fixed choke.  It is time to get it threaded for a choke tube. 

Don't know if William at Sumtoy Customs does 28s, but you can't beat his price or the quality of his work on the 12 ga. I'd suggest you PM him. (And no, I don't have any affiliation with Sumtoy).

Lostknife4

Just got my 28 barrel back from Briley, I shortened it to 22" and am using the Briley extended chokes.  Lost