OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Forcing cone ?

Started by Tuttle, May 02, 2012, 02:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuttle

Alright, I have an 870 sm and want to have the forcing cone lengthened.  I've searched some older posts and found a few names but no way to contact anyone.  So my question is, who does the best work on 870's AND how do I contact them?  Thanks in advance!

Miburmanelly

Magna - port International,    have done some of my shotguns,  also the barrels ported also,,,,they are in Michigan,   outstanding work and craftmanship

mossyoakpro

Rob Roberts...

Gobblers Guns Inc.

Googlr them and you will find them.  Don't be surprised if Rob himself answers the phone.
Phillippians 4:13

Tuttle

I was leaning towards Rob already.  That's what I needed, thanks.

dpittman

I have a 870SM special purpose (circa 2004) and it appears to have a long cone. My other 870's all appear to have short cones.

SumToy

Should be a few in your state.  I will ask around to some of the guys I know to see if they have one in your state.  It should run 35 to 50 to do it.  Now think about this most the time it just cut recoil in the HTL.  Now in the lead it helps patterns and recoil.  Now sometimes you will need to rechoke also. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Tuttle

Thanks sumtoy.  I plan on starting with hevi shot straight 6's and a .660 jellyhead.  The barrel is 26".  From what I've researched, the pattern will at worst stay the same if not improve with htl.  I'm ok with that so long as it doesn't decrease pattern performance.  Let me know if you find anyone in KY, it would be nice to just drop it off.  Thanks.