OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Got a nice WV bird on my little girl's 5th birthday! (Pics added)

Started by WVhuntEER, May 02, 2012, 09:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WVhuntEER

I roosted this bird last night.   He came in with a buddy this morning and whooped my DSD jake!!   I even got to show it to my little birthday girl before she went to school!  Very blessed.

11' beard
1 1/4 spurs
20 lbs

I can't get the picture to show up?

hookedspur

Congrats and Happy Birthday to your little one  :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

tomstopper

Hognutz

Congrats on the stud turkey. and to your daughter, on her birthday.. :hb2:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

lonnie sneed jr.

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

turkey slayer

WVhuntEER

Quote from: zach20065 on May 02, 2012, 10:43:10 AM
Awesome!!! Glad to hear that they are still doing their thing, been hearing alot of mixed reports from guys out in the field.  Did they gobble much?
They gobbled once when they flew down and a couple of times on the roost.  I think the gobblers are starting to get back together.  Didn't hear any hens.

captin_hook

Happy birthday to the little one, and Congrats. Memories, its what its all about.

WVhuntEER

Quote from: zach20065 on May 02, 2012, 04:11:49 PM
basically the same thing im hearing from everyone. I think they are already back together for the most part, which is bad news, means we have very little time left before they totally shut it off. I called three 3 year olds up together this weekend at 4 different setups and they would come to see the decoy but never come in to it, like they didnt care at all to breed anymore. I did see one gobbler with a hen last night going to roost. Idk, this has been one weird season, but i have a feeling it is almost over already.
I agree that it's almost over.  I am going to another county tomorrow to check it out.   You are definitely right about being a weird season.  The warmer weather just sped up the breeding season I guess?   

West Augusta

I'll be running the hills tomorrow and Saturday myself.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

WVhuntEER

blacky

Good bird and on her birthday makes it even more special.
A  full line of calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

RutnNStrutn