turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone ever seen this before?

Started by davisd9, April 30, 2012, 10:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Friday evening I killed a nice tom that was strutting in a field with four hens.  The hens were walking around eating and he would strut around them.  I watched them for about 30 minutes until he came in range and watched him breed 2 of the 4 hens.  Now the thing I am trying to figure out ...

While he was strutting he would get in front of one of the hens and break down into half strut and then start shaking like.  It looked like he was breeding a hen but I know that he wasn't.  He did this 4 to 5 times.  Anyone ever seen this or know what he was doing?  It was neat to watch and it was the first time I have ever seen one actually breed a hen.  Was just curious.  Thanks!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

blackmagic

jblackburn

Quote from: TRKYHTR on April 30, 2012, 10:32:29 AM
He was releaving himself.

TRKYHTR

I have one on video from my Kansas bowhunt doing this.  He reminded me of when I was 16 and frustrated . . .  :funnyturkey:
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

davisd9

Maybe so, but it seemed more like a dance or something and he did it right before he would mount one of them. They would watch him do it and then she would lay down. Thanks for the response!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer