turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tagged out in GA.

Started by jbrown, April 29, 2012, 08:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrown

Well, I went back to the bad old bird I worked Friday. He finally gobbled about 7:45 and came into view, he gobbled and struted untill I killed him at 8:30am. He did the same kind of moves that he did Fri, went he drifted out to 150yds, I moved up 30yds, he came back finally and I hammered him with Hevi 13 #6's. The shot hit him so hard, he just rocked backward on his fan, he was just leanin on his fan, with his head hangin backward for 2 or 3 seconds, then just fell face forward in the dirt, wings moved just a little. Thats  the first gobbler I've shot with Hevi Shot.....killed him at 51 long steps, like hittin him in the head with a sledge hammer!!! I'm tagged out in Ga., still got a couple to go in SC. Weighted 22.7lbs, beard 11", both spurs are 1.125" hooked and sharp....very nice gobbler, scored 67.2. I worked him with a mouth call Fri., this mornin, I switched to David Halloran's Crystal Mistress, just sweet purrs and clucks. I had a very excitin mornin!!

cannonball

Congrats Jim! Those Hevi's are bad medicine for the gobblers!

TRKYHTR

I've killed lots of gobblers with that move. Congrats on a great turkey.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

drenalinld

Nice bird Jim! You are having a great Spring!

savduck

Dang. Sorry I missed coming up. O well, next weekend will be here before you know it.
Georgia Boy

jbrown

Del, you missed a fun hunt, wish you could've been here!