OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bedford, VA Wheelin' hunt

Started by barry, April 29, 2012, 12:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

We held our 7th annual NWTF Wheelin' Sportsmen hunt yesterday with 12 of the 14 scheduled hunters showing up. Despite some cool temps combined with a steady breeze, late morning rain and even some sleet the James River Chapter once again had success. Two hunters took their first turkey ever and another took his 3rd bird in his last 4 hunts with us. We also had 2 other hunters that had turkeys within range but were unable to close the deal.
I want to say thank-you to the following: all of the volunteers that gave a day of their time to help with this hunt and make it the success that is and to the many landowners that allow us access to their farms for this special one day event.

2012 Wheelin' group

Three proud hunters.

T-shirt to commemorate the hunt and honor my late friend Gene Parker

BOFF

WOW!!!

Reads like great success, just for the turn out as well.

Was the older gentleman in the brown coveralls, to the right, in the 2nd picture, holding his first turkey, or was he the hunter with the success of 3 birds in the last 4 hunts?

God Bless,
David B.

barry

Quote from: BOFF on April 29, 2012, 01:46:38 PM
Was the older gentleman in the brown coveralls, to the right, in the 2nd picture, holding his first turkey, or was he the hunter with the success of 3 birds in the last 4 hunts?

God Bless,
David B.

David,
The older gentlemen - a Navy Vet and cancer survivor - is the one that has taken 3 birds over the last 4 hunts

BOFF

Quote from: barry on April 29, 2012, 01:58:50 PM
Quote from: BOFF on April 29, 2012, 01:46:38 PM

God Bless,
David B.

David,
The older gentlemen - a Navy Vet and cancer survivor - is the one that has taken 3 birds over the last 4 hunts

Cool!!!

I'm not a betting man, but would have put my money on him, as he just has a presence about him from the picture. I believe that man could tell us some stories.

God Bless,
David B.

Tail Feathers

Congratulations to those who participated and to those who scored a bird!
:icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

strutnva

great cause, not bad success rate for one day either

tgs

Pass the Tradition Along