OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hen Haters Anonymous. (Copied From General Forum)

Started by redarrow, April 28, 2012, 06:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

Hi my name is Redarrow and I hate hens.Everyday this week a couple sultry old hens have stolen my gobblers heart away from me. Every morning same o same o. So today I decided I wouldn't call until I was sure he was alone. 5:30 he roost gobbled on his own. 6:30 I see 4 hens walking away in the corn stubble going the other way.Thing are looking up. 7:30 Tommy still gobbling on the roost.Really screaming. 10 minutes later 300 yards away a lone hen fly's down ,runs straight at my set up passes by calls my boy down off the roost and away they go. AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH stupid @#%$#%^&*(&%#%*).10:30 hes still gobbling up near the road. In the mean time I have had at least 20 hens stroll by clucking up a storm trying to find the new girl.One walked by at 5 feet.Finally at 10:50 I get a look at the Big Mouth. He's 80 yards and lookin good. Coming straight at me. Two hens run at him and start circling him and away they go into the swamp. The hens returned 20 minutes later without my boy.He's in the swamp gobbling and going away.Then it starting pouring rain which was good cause it hid my tears.Monday morning I will do it all again cause I'm an addict.

BOFF

Quote from: redarrow on April 28, 2012, 06:53:55 PM
Hi my name is Redarrow and I hate hens.Everyday this week a couple sultry old hens have stolen my gobblers heart away from me. Every morning same o same o. So today I decided I wouldn't call until I was sure he was alone. 5:30 he roost gobbled on his own. 6:30 I see 4 hens walking away in the corn stubble going the other way.Thing are looking up. 7:30 Tommy still gobbling on the roost.Really screaming. 10 minutes later 300 yards away a lone hen fly's down ,runs straight at my set up passes by calls my boy down off the roost and away they go. AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH stupid @#%$#%^&*(&%#%*).10:30 hes still gobbling up near the road. In the mean time I have had at least 20 hens stroll by clucking up a storm trying to find the new girl.One walked by at 5 feet.Finally at 10:50 I get a look at the Big Mouth. He's 80 yards and lookin good. Coming straight at me. Two hens run at him and start circling him and away they go into the swamp. The hens returned 20 minutes later without my boy.He's in the swamp gobbling and going away.Then it starting pouring rain which was good cause it hid my tears.Monday morning I will do it all again cause I'm an addict.

It's getting to be time. Just remember patience and persistence. It will happen, and at that point in time, it's ALL worth it!!!

Way to stick with it. Wish I could be there to see and hear it all. Things have pretty much stopped this way. I'm about withered up, and frequently find I'm talking to myself, AND answering.

God Bless,
David B.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

kamski1151

Wow Red you should write romance novels. You know how to keep the readers attention. Don't worry bud.,looks like you have a great chance with all that action.

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

Woodsman4God

Quote from: kamski1151 on April 28, 2012, 09:05:51 PM
Wow Red you should write romance novels. You know how to keep the readers attention. Don't worry bud.,looks like you have a great chance with all that action.

As long as that big ole boy is still alive after breeding those 20 other hens you'll have a chance when he comes for 21. Good luck Red