turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Down for the count

Started by Woodsman4God, April 28, 2012, 09:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodsman4God

Unfortunately its not a turkey, Like redarrow and others have said Michigan weather has been horrible, lots of wind, cold temps a little rain and very few birds, I had one bird gobble at an owl hooter not far from where I saw that nice gobbler 3 days before opener but he never did talk after I heard a hen flydown and cackle, beyond that I saw about 7 hens with no jakes or Toms.

Last day is tomorrow but I took all the time Icould off of work so I am done and down for the count til next year. Sorry guys

BOFF

Nothing to apologize for in doing all you can.

Pretty tough to have such a short season up there. Things are already stacked against you from the git-go.

God Bless,
David B.

hookedspur

I hope you had a fun Season and enjoyed the Lords Great outdoors .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Woodsman4God

Quote from: hookedspur on April 28, 2012, 07:35:09 PM
I hope you had a fun Season and enjoyed the Lords Great outdoors .

Absolutely, 4 full days away from the rat race in a cabin with my family enjoying the great outdoors is always fun.

Yeah the short season thing stinks seeing as how they never reach their quota of birds here in michigan but dont want to ease any of the restrictions either. You can hunt almost all of may but often the hens are bred by the first week and the big boys shut down best gobbling seems to be last week or so of april to first week of may, I went for the earlier hunt this year thinking the odd warm weather would get them started early, it seemed to then the weather went the wrong way just this last week.