turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

FINALLY!!!!

Started by chatterbox, April 28, 2012, 03:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Well guys, getting ready to leave in about an hour for NH's youth hunt!
H is PUMPED to say the least. Gonna be a cold morning. Temp is right around 22 degrees right now, and it was a windy night on the limb, so I'm thinking the birds might be a little nervous this morning.
We're ready though. It's gonna be fun!

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Crappiepro

Good Luck Mike!! Get that youngin a big one!!

bird

Roostem33

Hope you have a great hunt!!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Limbstrutter

Good luck, and don't freeze to death.
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

tomstopper

mikejd

Good luck!!!Knock em dead.

mnturkey

SEMPER FI

chatterbox

Well guys, it didn't work out like we would've liked.
The birds gobbled early, but at flydown went the other way. The wind was howling and it was biting cold.
We never heard another sound from a gobbler all day.
The kids were troopers, and are ready to go tommorow.
I'm taking a good friends son tommorow, so we'll have to see what happens. H is gong back to the place we hunted today.

Hognutz

Good luck to you and Harrison, and all the rest.. Go get 'em..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

BOFF

Hope it all comes together for you tomorrow!!

God Bless,
David B.

VAHUNTER

Best of luck Mike!! Tell Harrison i want some pics as soon as the floppin stops  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

Spring_Woods

Quote from: chatterbox on April 28, 2012, 02:54:33 PM
Well guys, it didn't work out like we would've liked.
The birds gobbled early, but at flydown went the other way. The wind was howling and it was biting cold.
We never heard another sound from a gobbler all day.
The kids were troopers, and are ready to go tommorow.
I'm taking a good friends son tommorow, so we'll have to see what happens. H is gong back to the place we hunted today.

Hey that's great news! Bad about the weather but just getting a kid in the field hunting is a success in itself.

Good luck
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

FloppinTom

Theres alot of memories besides the birds we take. I remember the breakfast at the truckstop where my uncle took me as a boy and the the hard candy he carried in his camo call bag. 30 years ago in some parts of VA it was a treat just to hear one gobble. Your making memories even if you dont get the bird. So congrats on being out there.  The floppin' tom is just the icing on the cake.  :camohat:   
Go early, stay late, be patient and sit still.